mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "samples,building waveform question"

Posted on: April 17, 2008 @ 07:03 AM
sasi
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-03-2007

how can i load ten,twenty samples from my pc or mac
assing the pitch for each sample and save it as a waveform?
there is a way that for change the pitch on the fly?- i mean if i have sample let say c4 original and i want it to be play when i press c2 but witout chaning the pitch?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2008 @ 01:39 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: samples,building waveform question

For information on creating a voice that maps user samples across the keyboard, see the Voices - creating a user voice from sample waveforms entry from the Mo’Pedia (this site’s Wiki).

(By the way, the Mo’Pedia main page is down, so getting to this entry can only be done via the direct link in the previous sentence.)

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 05:50 AM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

Thank you Thank you.  I’ve been looking everywhere here to figure out the best way to do this.  This is exactly what I want to do!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 06:11 AM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

Okay, I went through the steps as outlined...slightly modified because I’m on an XS8...I located the first sample, which is WAV format and hit Load, but I get message box saying “Illegal file”...What does THAT mean?

I thought we could load in WAV files to assign to keybanks to create waveforms with which to create voices? 

Help please?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 09:49 AM
saeef
Total Posts:  649
Joined  06-24-2005

Check to make sure the wav is 16 bit
salsa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 12:25 PM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

How can I tell that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 05:58 PM
saeef
Total Posts:  649
Joined  06-24-2005

Right click on file/properties/summary.
salsa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 06:16 PM
jpondhawk
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02-26-2008

I have aiff/wav files I’m loading via USB.

I am having trouble setting up these files to work with ‘voices’ I created. Everytime I load them the XS can’t seem to find them and I have to reload the files, reset the keybank, etc. The ‘voice’ setting is there but can’t seem find the wav file when I load it.

These are audio files I am assigning to a single key in the voice I created. They are original recorded sounds that are under 30 secs.

What am I doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2008 @ 06:22 AM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

I have aiff/wav files I’m loading via USB.

I am having trouble setting up these files to work with ‘voices’ I created. Everytime I load them the XS can’t seem to find them and I have to reload the files, reset the keybank, etc. The ‘voice’ setting is there but can’t seem find the wav file when I load it.

These are audio files I am assigning to a single key in the voice I created. They are original recorded sounds that are under 30 secs.

What am I doing wrong?

You haven’t quite given enough information to fully understand what you’re doing.

When you load the samples in, and assign them to a keybank and do any other tweaking, you do need to STORE the voice, but also SAVE your file...at least SAVE an ALL file *.XOA of it to an external device such as USB drive or mount your hard drive. 

I’m guessing that the reason you’re sample is getting lost is because anything you put into the DIMM (ie your sample) is lost when you power down.  The only way to get it back is to SAVE the samples either with the all file, or save as both an all file and sample save.  I suggest both!  Yes, you do have to re-load that file each time you power back up to have your samples back in the DIMM card.  But once you’ve SAVED them (and remember SAVE and STORE are two different functions), re-loading only takes a minute or so and puts everything in exactly as you had it with all edits and everything else—assuming you also STOREd your voice before the SAVE to the FILE. 

Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Assigning Sound(s) to Keys: [Feedback Please]
Next Topic:

Removing Everything But Drums ››