mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving PLG VL voices to a Performance"

Posted on: April 14, 2008 @ 03:42 PM
sound
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-18-2005

I just purchased a PLG150-VL and a BC3A. Everything works great except I cannot figure out how to save a voice to a Performance. Please help!
If it is possible will it load automatically after power on or will I have to save to a USB stick?
Thanks

Jon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2008 @ 04:56 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Saving PLG VL voices to a Performance

You didn’t mention which keyboard product you own - this forum heading is shared. We assume you have the S90 ES or Motif ES since you mention PLG boards and USB drives. In this case the answer would be the same… but in the future if you have a question you should mention the product or place your product in the gear area of your profile.

There are 16 internal PARTS and potentially 3 Plug-in Parts.
In a Performance there can be a maximum of four PARTS combined. All four could be from the internal but you could replace one or more of the internal Parts with a PLG PART. Each PLG slot has its own PART and each PLG150-board can contribute one Voice to a Performance. So you could have any combination of Internal and PLG PARTS that total four.

Slot 1 for PLG1
Slot 2 for PLG2
Slot 3 for PLG3

So if your PLG150-VL is in slot 1, you can combine it with up to as many as 3 internal sounds. Whether or not you have to load anything will depend on whether or not you have created your own PLG150-VL Voice data using the VL Visual Editor. Much like user samples, custom VL data is placed in volatile memory - and must be reloaded on each power cycle (or autoloaded). But if you are playing a preset PLG150-VL sound they remain in memory between power cycles.

When you go to PERFORMANCE Edit mode you will see two sets of parameters. One set for Internal Parts 1-4 and the other for PLG Parts 1-3. You can toggle back and forth using the [F6] button (see the article referenced below for details and screen shots).

Any combination of INT (internal) and PLG can make up your Performance (as long as they total four or less - and each PLG can contribute 1 sound)

The same rules apply for using the PLG150-series Boards in a SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING setup (MULTI if you have an S90 ES). There are 16 internal plus 3 potential PLG slots.

You can find out about this in the following Power User article (and although it was written for the original Motif - it still applies to the Motif ES and S90 ES with the exception that you can store your data to USB drives, in addition to the SmartMedia option):

Assigning Your PLG150 Plug-in Board in a MIX or Performance

Read through it, if you get stuck post back here

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2008 @ 05:56 AM
sound
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-18-2005

Bad Mister

Sorry I should have mentioned the PLG is in an ES7 Slot 2.  I have managed to save a VL Voice to a Performance, but there is no sound.. I will play around some more today and post back with results.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2008 @ 07:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You will need to know that if your PLG150-VL board is in slot 2, then it can only sound when you select it for PLG2. A PLG150 board and only sound through the PLG PART that corresponds to its number.

The article will take you through how to initialize a Performance for using PLG PARTS. (see page 9)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SysEx for controlling the PLG AN
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››