mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SysEx for controlling the PLG AN"

Posted on: April 13, 2008 @ 07:28 AM
leachn1
Total Posts:  36
Joined  11-23-2003

I have a PLG-AN board in slot one of my Mo-8 classic, set to port 2.  I mostly run it through Cubase and can select Banks and play voices via that software no problem.

I thought it would be cool to knock up a little Cubase panel to control the Distortion on the AN, via the SysEx messages which seem to be (from the manual) values like:

F0 43 10 5C 10 00 1C 00 xx F7 (for drive: xx= [00-64])
F0 43 10 5C 10 00 1E 00 yy F7 (for type: yy = [00-03])
F0 43 10 5C 10 00 22 00 zz F7 (for output or wet/dry:  zz = [00-64])

Trouble is, sending these strings seems to no effect whatsoever.  Has anyone else done this? Is this right?  I assumed using the messages to control the current voice buffer was the way to go.

I noticed the AN Expert Editor controls these things fine so my connection is OK, and that must work via SysEx.  Pity I can’t see what it is sending!

Thanks for any pointers,

Nick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
GregH
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2005

Re: SysEx for controlling the PLG AN

You can typically catch Sysex strings with a utility like MidiOx (freeware) for coding into other controllers, software applications, etc.

Just make sure to turn off Active Sensing so that you can more easily zero-in on the Sysex data you’re searching for…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2008 @ 01:39 PM
leachn1
Total Posts:  36
Joined  11-23-2003

Re: SysEx for controlling the PLG AN

My goodness what a useful little tool!  As soon as started using this I quickly realised that the missing piece of the puzzle was the wet/dry mix which is hidden away in the scene buffer at

5C 10 10 42 xx

Once I got that my little panel now works like a dream!

Thanks ever so much.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Digital outs on AIEB2 expansion board - Motif ES?
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››