mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording MotifXS8"

Posted on: April 10, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
mikey10101
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-19-2007

I am working with a few MIDI/audio projects in Logic.  I want to record some drums and strings off of my motif and into logic to incorporate with the software synths already in the project.  Is there any quick way to get these samples to adhere to the grid so that I can quantize them the same way that I would a MIDI piece?  I am no logic master but the only way I see to do it would be to put anchors on every single drum hit so that I could line them up exact where I miss beats here and there.  Any more efficient suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: Recording MotifXS8

ok, it’s a little confusing to me when you say, “get these samples to adhere to the grid” but, if you are wanting to record the audio from the Motif XS into Logic, you are going to have to sync the XS to Logic clock.

Controlling the Motif XS from Logic Pro:

From Logic go to- Toolbar> Project Settings> Synchronization> General> Logic’s Sync Mode should be set to ‘Internal’…

Then, select the MIDI Tab (under Synchronization)> Transmit Midi Clock Destination 1… (Make sure it’s checked and change it to either all or MIDI Port 1).

You can also check Transmit MTC and Transmit MMC; selecting the same Port as above… And make sure the Motif is set to slave to Logic… Using the Motif: press ‘Seq Setup’ button; choose the Quick setup tab; then [I believe Option #3 is for recording into a DAW]

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using MPC and Motif ES with Logic Pro
Next Topic:

l8 with es8 ››