mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using MPC and Motif ES with Logic Pro"

Posted on: April 07, 2008 @ 03:21 AM
thejackl
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-06-2006

Whats goin on people....im trying to use my motif es6 as my controller for my melodies in logic and i want to use my mpc 4000 as my controller for battery 3 in logic. Is this possible, im fairly new to MIDI. I have my motif es hooked up to my imac thru midi by way of a USB Uno interface. how do i hook up the mp? (midi thru?) do i need an extra midi hub? i have extra MIDI cords. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2008 @ 04:18 AM
thejackl
Joined  11-06-2006

Re: Using MPC and Motif ES with Logic Pro

i was just reading the manual about the usb to host connector. Since it only transfers midi, can i use this slot here instead of the midi input/outputs of the motif to play melodies in logic? And then plug the midi in/outs of my usb uno into my MPC 4000 and use that for my drums?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2008 @ 07:04 AM
JRino
Joined  06-26-2004

dude im having a similar problem trying to use my MoPhatt sound Module in Logic. I go to record a part from the Mophatt, but everytime i turn off the mophatt seems like Logic is playing it, only plays when the mophatt is turned on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 06:34 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I’m not very familiar with the MPC but you can either use the USB ports on your Imac (if there is more than one) or a USB Hub. Check out the following link on how to setup the ES and MPC in Logic. (They will setup similarly in the Audio Midi Setup of your Mac…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS constantly sending System Excl. to LP8 ?
Next Topic:

Recording MotifXS8 ››