mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "basic recording"

Posted on: April 04, 2008 @ 01:35 PM
mmcginn
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-02-2007

hello, i very badly would like to record with my s90es, however, whenever i try the mlan it does not work. and if i try to connect via midi cable, i could record in a keyboard, but then when i would try to do a bass or something else, the playback plays both parts in keyboard.

bottom line, does anyone have any tips for basic recording, maybe an easy computer software program through usb or something??

THanks, i know this is very basic, but i would really like the option to record, ive had it for about a year and a half now…

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2008 @ 07:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: basic recording

First, when using the S90 ES with an external sequencer you should place the unit in MULTI mode. MULTI mode will allow you to have 16 different sounds, each on a separate MIDI channel 1-16.

Please refer to the Owner’s Manual for the basics on how to setup and record with the S90 ES… See the section of the manual starting on page 70: “Creating a Song with the Multi mode”

The only differentce between using USB and mLAN is that USB is MIDI Only, while mLAN will let you record both MIDI and/or Audio between the S90 ES and Sonar. Take your time. Go over the chapter in the manual so you have a basic idea of what you must do to get started.

Then come back here if you have more questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What type of cable connection do I need?
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››