mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "multi mode"

Posted on: March 31, 2008 @ 08:47 PM
inapou
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-28-2008

Hello.
i got a little question about multi mode edit.
When i choose my voices in the mode multi i got problems with the effects.
I mean, if i select a guitar sound for part1 and touchclavinet on part2, the touchclavinet doesn’t sound anymore like a wha wha clavinet, as it is in the voice mode.

Could somebody help me please?

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2008 @ 12:47 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: multi mode

This is a common issue.

When you’re in VOICE MODE, the VOICE has its own set of EFFECTS.  There are TWO Insert Effects, and the System Effects.

When you’re in MULTI mode, only a certain number of PARTS can have their INSERT EFFECTS active.  If your voice seems to have lost its effects, look to see if the INSERTs are active.

Also, in MULTI mode, the system effects may be different.  The System Effects affect ALL parts the same way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2008 @ 01:07 AM
inapou
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-28-2008

firstaval, thanks for answering.

Where can I check if “INSERTs” are activated?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2008 @ 02:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

There are two different screens to deal with activating the INSERT EFFECT SWITCH.

From your MULTI
Press [MULTI] again to view the MIX PART screen
PAGE [<]/[>] to view the three screens “VOICE”, “OUTPUT” and “EFFECT”
On the EFFECT screen you can see the “InsEF” select
An “x” indicates that the PART has its INSERT SWITCH active.

Alternatively:
From your MULTI
Press [EDIT]
Press [EFFECT]
On the EFFECT CONNECT screen you can see on the left side the four PARTS that can recall their Dual Insertion Effects from VOICE mode
Move the cursor there with the PAGE [<] button and up and down with the UP and DOWN cursor arrows.
Use the Data Wheel to select the PARTS you wish to have recall their VOICE mode Dual Insertion Effects

For more on how to operate your Motif-Rack and its Effects please see the following article from the RACKS > Behind the Manual section of this site: Motif Rack Effects 101

[ Ignore ]