mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS Format 0 midi files dilemma"

Posted on: March 25, 2008 @ 05:25 PM
odayta
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-20-2006

I want to store a multitrack song midi file to USB stick on the XS, then unplug USB stick from XS and plug stick into USB port on computer.  Then have Sonar import it, and present me with all the tracks, split out so I can edit tracks and clean up errors.  Problem is, XS stores the song midi file as FORMAT 0 which MERGES all the tracks together into one track.  I am not able to edit individual tracks because they’re all merged!!

Pretty simple task on my Tyros ( I transfer midi files back and forth using diskette).  But I am vexed on the Motif XS approach to doing this very normal operation.  Can you help me understand this?  Why only format 0?  I want it to save as a Format 1.  Or, it it not possible to edit a multitrack midi XS song using Sonar?  or cubase for that matter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2008 @ 04:54 AM
odayta
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-20-2006

Re: Motif XS Format 0 midi files dilemma

Duhhhh.  I think I found the answer in the documentation.  “When you load a MIDI Format 0 file, SONAR splits it into 16 separate tracks, based on the MIDI channels assigned to each event. When you save a project to a MIDI Format 0 file, SONAR collapses MIDI information from all of its tracks into one single track. “

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ With a little help from my friends!
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››