mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "With a little help from my friends!"

Posted on: March 24, 2008 @ 05:09 PM
scooter g
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-21-2008

Friends,

When I open cakewalk 6.0, i receive the following error before I even begin- “the following driver does not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application.”

Since no other application is running, I assume I need a different soundcard.  I am using a Dell Latitude Laptop.  What kind of soundcard do I need and what type of cable connections do I need on both ends? 

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
Synthesist
Total Posts:  134
Joined  05-28-2003

Re: With a little help from my friends!

Select a proper driver in Options > Audio and restart SONAR. Try the ASIO4ALL free universal driver for WDM audio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2008 @ 06:10 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: With a little help from my friends!

You can probably set the driver settings (within SONAR) to use the WDM driver, and re-profile your soundcard.
That should eliminate the errors.

There’s actually a HELP seciton in SONAR HELP that deals specifically with that topic.

Be advised, though, that WDM drivers on mother-board based soundcards generally have pretty high latency.  It’s doubtful your system will do well with an ASIO driver, but it’s worth a try.  (My Dell Lattitude C630 didn’t work well...)

So, given that, just know that SoftSynths aren’t going to sound too pleasant because of the latencies if you’re trying to play with an external controller.  Now, once you have everything recorded, it’ll sound fine (because during playback, the latency will be consistent across all the instruments and thus will normalize.)

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Anyone running Sonar 5 with Vista?
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››