mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 100 VH Help??"

Posted on: March 19, 2008 @ 02:43 AM
rdyers
Total Posts:  169
Joined  04-03-2007

Hi,if i buy the PLG 100VH can i get the same robotic effect as the XS vocoder has???,i know the two are dif,just wanna know if i can do this??,also is it much better than the XS vocoder??,iv aonly heard demos of Harmonising,not robotic Stuff…

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2008 @ 07:30 AM
rdyers
Total Posts:  169
Joined  04-03-2007

Re: PLG 100 VH Help??

Does anyone Know????..Please??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2008 @ 03:03 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I am still looking into getting a VH board, but I believe it does have that effect, however it is not a vocorder like the XS has. I think it is just an effect. Maybe someone can give you more detail.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2008 @ 03:12 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Just went to Motifmart and looked under PLG boards. There is a “getting started guide” under the VH 100. It gives you an explanation of what it can do. There is an ability to get wild synth robotic sounds although I just ganced at it. Take a look. Hope this helps.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2008 @ 04:18 AM
valerium
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-21-2003

I have the VH card installed in my Motif ES. I have not heard the XS vocoder and therefore cannot offer comparisons, however, the VH vocoder is actually very good. Like everything ES, it takes a while to understand all the parameters but it is one of the easiest PLG cards to configure. I have successfully created a robot type voice amongst others and am happy with what it can achieve. But there is as always, something annoying about the way it works on the ES and very annoyingly, you cannot record your vocoder voice directly to the ES sequencer. You have to lay down the vocal first and then process it thru the VH processor and resample that to an audio track. This is way more complicated than it should be. I am sure its much simpler on the XS. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mlan - failing to record
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››