mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF ES8 & mLan16e identifies itself as an S90ES"

Posted on: March 15, 2008 @ 01:59 AM
woodsworth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-15-2008

I’ve just put a mLan16e card into my Motif ES8 but it identifies itself on the mLan bus as an S90ES. I should have expected it to identify itself as the device it is.

Apart from this it appears to work. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2008 @ 07:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: MOTIF ES8 & mLan16e identifies itself as an S90ES

The mLAN16E should identify itself as an mLAN16E no matter which of the two products that utilize it you place it in.

Where exactly is it identifying itself?

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/397017-Audio.JPG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2008 @ 01:01 PM
woodsworth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-15-2008

It identified itself as such in the auto-connector (not the patchbay).

I switched to a different computer and it has since identified itself (in the auto-connector) as a Motif ES8. Which is what I want.

However, I have noticed that it seems to ‘drop out’ after 15 minutes or so. I’m pretty sure it happened when it was just the computer and the ES8, but now I have a 01X in the chain. I haven’t had time to play around with it much, but it seemed that that ES8 dropped out. The mLan was fine when I powered everything up, but after about 15’ I couldn’t talk to (or identify) the mLan16e any more. It didn’t show up in the patchbay either. Simply unplugging and replugging the firewire cable didn’t help. [I was too busy playing with the 01X to investigate it further]

Does this behaviour sound familiar? I would hate to spend a long time investigating this if it is a known problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2008 @ 07:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No, it does not. Make sure you computer does not go to sleep or hibernate - it should be optimized to do music (which means it should be in the “ALWAYS ON” Power Option mode.)

Losing something from the patchbay is highly unusual (even if you lost connection it would continue to appear in the Patchbay - at least until you refreshed the view). So I would say it is highly unusual.  Please try and document exactly the conditions under which this occurs. Without details of how you things setup - it would be difficult to say what the cause is…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thanks! Butt....
Next Topic:

Hard disk error? ››