mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase AI4 ACTIVATION CODE for MacBookPro PROBLEM"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 06, 2008 @ 10:21 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Ok I installed my Cubase AI4 on my MacBook Pro, I already provided the Serial Number that appears on the License Control Center box and got an email with the Activation Code that says:

Dear Mr XXXXXX
this is your activation code for Cubase AI 4:

XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
To activate Cubase AI 4, please start the “Download License Wizard” of the License Control Center. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet and then follow the instructions. When you’re asked to do so, please enter the Activation Code in the required field.

After you have completed the License Download procedure, Cubase AI 4 will be permanently activated. You are now also registered as a Cubase AI 4 user with Steinberg and can use our extensive download, support and upgrade facilities.

Your Steinberg Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is where in the world is this Download License Wizard thing ?????????? I don’t see it anywhere, if I go to the License Control Center Box on my Mac, it’s just a box that shows you the Cubase Serial Number and that’s it I CAN NOT do anything there, there is no such thing that says Wizard. I also log in to the Steinberg website and it’s not there, as well as inside Cubase itself, so where is it ???

The thing is that everytime I get into Cubase it keeps telling me that I have to register. I am not asking for the Activation Code, I already have it, I just can’t figure out where to enter it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2008 @ 11:11 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Cubase AI4 ACTIVATION CODE for MacBookPro PROBLEM

Hi,
You simply need to install the latest version of the Syncrosoft Licence Control Centre (LCC) from here:
[url=http://www.syncrosoft.com/Download-78-11.html]http://www.syncrosoft.com/Download-78-11.html [/url]

Not sure why this wasn’t done as part of your install, but in any case, you still want to use the latest version and not the one that came with the software. Also, since you are a Mac user, definitely download the latest update for Cubase AI from the Steinberg web site (click here) .................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

I DOESN’T WORK. I already dowloaded Syncrosoft License Control 5.2.24.4 on the link you gave me, I chose the MAC option, I did all the installation process on my MAC HD Drive.

The result is two icons from Syncrosoft License Control on my Desktop, if I click into either one of them the only thing that happens is that a window with an icon appears and the only thing that does is to install License Control once again, and again, and again, and again, when I already isntalled it.

Then I go into HD and I don’t see Syncrosoft License Control anywhere.

As for the Cubase update, first I want to put in the ACTIVATION CODE, so I can use Cubase freely and then do all the updates in the world.

I am also a new MAC user, I am not an expert on MAC, I just bought it recently. I am more familiar with PC, however MAC is the standard for Music Production, that is why I bought it.

What it looks like is that this License Control thing might not compatible with MAC, I don’t know, I can’t figure it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2008 @ 09:47 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi Re: “however MAC is the standard for Music Production”
---Nonsense; who told you that?? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Re: “it looks like is that this License Control thing might not compatible with MAC”
---Sorry, it definitely is compatible with Mac. Something has gone wrong during the install, but we can’t guess what without more info. Did you follow the installation instructions exactly?? If you can perhaps tell us what you did and in what order we’ll try to help............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2008 @ 11:18 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

Well, up to this point seems to be a License Control Center problem, not a Steingerg problem. I am going to try to contact Syncrosoft LLC to see if they can help me. Also I am going to go to a friend that works with Mac in his Studio to see if he can help me out.

Maybe it’s something very simple, but since I am new to MAC I might need a tutorial of how to open programs, that seems to be exactly the problem, of how to open LLC once it has been installed ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2008 @ 03:09 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

You don’t ever have to open LCC unless you want to see what licences have been activated. It works in the background. The install process for Cubase should have installed LCC as well, and all you should have had to do was simply run the update for LCC after you activated Cubase. I doubt it is a Syncrosoft problem at all and suggest that it is probably a Cubase install and registration problem....................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2008 @ 07:52 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

I talked to a friend on the phone today and he says that in order to enter the Activation Code under the current situation, is to enter or use Cubase, and when I finished all the free entries, that is when it will ask me for the Activation Code(which I already have), that’s when I will be able to enter it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2008 @ 08:48 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Yes, but did you also read and follow the installation instructions and Getting Started guide and do what Steinberg recommended? Was the LCC installed during the installation, and did you then try to open Cubase? Friends are helpful, as we try to be, but if you won’t describe here what you did or give us the type of information we request, then indeed perhaps a friend or salesperson will be in a better position to assist you..............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2008 @ 09:29 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

What I did was the following:

1- I installed Cubase on my MacBookPro by just inserting the Disk and following the steps it indicated, the process was succesful, I can even get and open it and listen to the Demo Song where a woman sings. 

2- It asked if I wanted to register(it still does), so I imediately said yes, I conected it to the internet and went into the Steinberg website, I opened an account, and I opened the LLC window in my Mac where it shows the serial number. (When you intall Cubase in the Machine it automatically provides the serial to it)

4- I entered that Serial Number for Cubase AI4 on the Steinberg website and it said the Serial Number register was succesful and I would receive an email with the Activation Code.

5- I went into my email and yes I got the Activation Code.

6- I downloaded the LLC version you gave me, but here is where the confusion starts because where is where I put in the Activation Code ? in what window ? in what box ?

That’s when I call my friend (he works with PC and uses Nuendo and has also use Cubase, and knows about LLC).
He told me that until the free entries to Cubase end, that’s when it will ask me for the Activation Code and it will show a display box or something to enter it(I suppose that’s how it is).

Just a while ago I opened Cubase and could hear the Demo Song without any problem.

I think the Following is to start the conection with my MotifXS through my Motu 828 using USB2.0 and Firewire, but that will be a very different story.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

As for the Activation Code Process, I am right ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2008 @ 01:08 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006

1) INTERNET CONNECTION MANDATORY

2) PC or MAC: eventually, you MUST create an account with Steinberg and register your software.

3) These instructions are on the Steinberg Cubase AI4 website: Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on “Activation & Reactivation”, choose “Cubase AI 4” and select “Permanent Activation”. Enter your Soft-eLicenser.
You will receive an email containing the activation code.
In the LCC software, go to Wizards > License Download and enter your activation code for Cubase AI 4.

TRUST ME, I empathize with you. Today I am reinstalling my AI4 after another WindowsXP format, and I CANNOT activate my software because their server is down for maintenance!!

It’s 2 pm on a Tuesday afternoon!! And I cannot activate and use my legitimate, licensed software!!

[and these companies wonder why people pirate software]

//angered//

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yikes… You can call Steinberg Customer Support 714 288-3301 and they will get you through your issue.

The (free) version of Cubase AI4 has an e-License, this is true (soft license). However, when you purchase a Steinberg product you get a KEY… the KEY makes it easy to move your license to any computer you happen to be using.

Just introduced: You can move your e-License to a Steinberg Key (sold separately) so that you never have to worry about the issue you are having with your e-License.

Pirating software is stealing… pure and simple. There is never a good reason to steal , my friend… even being angry or frustrated. Never a good reason. Sorry… I can’t go with you there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2008 @ 11:46 AM
HappyHarryNET
Joined  12-10-2006

Bad_Mister, i DID purchase my Cubase AI4 that came WITH my $2500 MOTIF_XS

I appreciate your giving me the direct Steinberg telephone number and I will call them right now to resolve this matter.

My point was that I have legitimate software, that is purchased, and that I cannot even install and use because their activation server is [still] down today for maintenance!! It’s rediculous.

Also, Steinberg/Yamaha “could have” put a 3"x5" bright yellow card in the MOTIF package stating what you just stated to me, which would have ALLEVIATED this entire situation altogether.

My apologies for my prior post.

//cheers//

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2008 @ 11:57 AM
HappyHarryNET
Joined  12-10-2006

Bad_Mister,

that Steinberg telephone number is DISCONNECTED.

again thank you for your help. since my purchasing the O1X your personal help and assistance among the various forums has been instrumental in my O1X success and i do appreciate you more than you know. i just wanted to share that with you.

i’ll get this sorted out.

//grrrr//

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
HappyHarryNET
Joined  12-10-2006

Re: Contacting Cubase AI4 - Syncrosoft

Bad_Mister,

you transposed the telephone number prefix
288 should be 228
then phone number is good
no biggee just FYI

the reason my activation would not work is the SE license got corrupted (how i don’t know) then you MUST telephone them and they send you email instructions to correct SE license. then login the MySteinberg website and activate AI4
(do not re-activate)

Cubase AI4 tech support told me that i could NOT purchase a permant key for the AI4 software. You MUST use e-licensing procedures OR purchase one of the two upgrade options which then you will receive a permanent KEY:
Cubase 4 Studio OR Cubase 4

Cubase AI4 Tech Support
USA
(714) 228-3301

p.s.
i got their phone number from a LONG list of contact numbers in a PDF file buried on the AI4 CD; surely was NOT convenient

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Contacting Cubase AI4 - Syncrosoft

Re. the telphone number, a quick Search of threads here, even the one currently adjacent to yours would have revealed:
“USA (714) 228-3301 Depending on local charges 9 am - 5 pm (Mo, Tue, Wed, Thu) 9 am - 4 pm (Fri) (Eastern Time) English” (thanks to Wellie)...and no inconvenience. Amazing how easy it is to find things here when we look for them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= Anyway, glad you got your problem sorted.

Re: “Cubase AI4 tech support told me that i could NOT purchase a permant key for the AI4 software. You MUST use e-licensing procedures OR purchase one of the two upgrade options which then you will receive a permanent KEY”
--Hmm, that’s strange. I was under the same impression as Bad Mister that you could now transfer your e-licence to a dongle ("You can move your e-License to a Steinberg Key (sold separately) so that you never have to worry about the issue you are having with your e-License"). You do know too that you can buy a ‘legal’ dongle on line for about $30-$50? For example, (click here) . I’m NOT talking about buying a licence, I’m referring to the actual Syncrosoft dongle itself, upon which you can load licences from many different products. Steinberg is not the only legal supplier of Syncrosoft dongles. Once in a blue moon a dongle can fail, so they are for sale if you ever need one or need to replace one..............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problems with login steinberg user forums.
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››