mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "first note skip when recording midi"

Posted on: February 29, 2008 @ 09:47 AM
luvmymuzik
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-03-2008

hey guys, I have a problem when recording into sonar 4.  The fist note that plays back when recording midi does not play.  You do hear the note but its sounds like only half the note.  I makes the recording sound horrible.  Is there like an offset setting when recording that I’m missing? Also, if I record and loop a midi track for say 4 measures and change the sounds on the rack es to audition different sounds at the end of the forth measure the sound goes back to the orginal recorded voice.  how can i eliminate that little problem.. your help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 29, 2008 @ 12:31 PM
supermanrulez
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-30-2003

Re: first note skip when recording midi

While this is probably not the most effective way to eliminate this problem, is does work for me and has worked in the past.  What I’ve done is place a rest in whole first measure of the entire song.  The song takes a bit longer to start but it eliminates this issue or at least it did for me.  Unless your really pressed for time in one way or another this might be a good work around for your issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 29, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Yep… That’s the ticket… That’s an issue common to every sequencer I’ve ever seen… I don’t know why none of them implement a delay behind the scenes.... 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2008 @ 06:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What causes this is probably a setting you have in SONAR. Double check that you do not have any kind of preference that would interfere with the start of the sequence… In general the Motif does not like to receive a Program Change and notes on the same clock tick. If you instrument definition or a Program Change event in the track is occurring simultaneously to start you may get a hiccup.

The things to check would include things like a “CHASE” function - where before play begins you have instructed the sequencer to look up the last known Program Change or Controller setting, etc. and send that data prior to starting. This is a very common thing among software sequencers. How each one defaults depends on the software. But in Sonar - having dealt with many users who had and then solved this issue, I have noted that it is a setting in the software. (I am not an expert on Sonar, by any means...)

Check in SONAR under OPTIONS > PROJECT Options > MIDI OUT
Uncheck the “Patch/Controller Searchback Before Play Starts function”

See this thread for details

Also other threads talk about a Sonar fix to this parameter in version 6.2 - check with Cakewalk if it does not cure your problem. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Windows Vista 64bit and Sonar 7
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››