mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bulk Timeout Error!"

Posted on: February 28, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Could someone help me with the Studio Manager port settings with the 01x and Motif-es 7= mlan 16e.

Plug-in boards:

Slot 1 VH effect
Slot 2 VL board
Slot 3 DX board

I’m able to use studio manager for the 01x and the motif-es

My port settings for the motif-es and 01x:

motif-es = mlan 9
plug-in boards = mlan 10
midi out port on the motif-es = mlan 11
mlan 12 not assign

I can load voices to and from the motif-es in a bi-directional matter.

when I try to load the plg boards voices to studio manager I get a bulk timeout error!
I know this is due to improper port settings for the plg boards

I read some documentation concerning the plg boards, but not quite sure of the port settings.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Bulk Timeout Error!

The following answer is addressing your setup - where you have the 01X occupying the mLAN Ports 1-5, and the Motif ES mLAN16E occupying mLAN Ports 9-12.

If you are using the Motif ES in SONG or PATTERN mode (and we assume you are) you can set the PLG150-series boards to PORT 2 and communicate with them on a discreet port. This means you can have 18 PARTS Multi-timbral operation. 16 internal (port1) and 2 PLG150 (port2).  Both the AN and DX have a USER RAM bank which can be addressed by its respective Editor. The Motif ES Voice data is always on Port 1, this includes the so called Plug-in User Voices you see in the Motif ES Voice Editor.

In the Motif ES
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] PLUG
Press [SF2] MIDI
Your setup should read:

PLG100-VH all (1)
PLG150-AN all _2
PLG150-DX all _2

By setting your PLG150 boards to PORT 2… you can communicate to them on a discreet port when using the ES in SONG/PATTERN mode***.... allowing 16 internal ES sounds on mLAN MIDI OUT (9), and the PLG150-AN and DX on mLAN MIDI OUT (10). mLAN 10 being the second port of the Motif ES.

The Setup for your AN Expert Editor should be:
MIDI OUT PORT = mLAN MIDI OUT (10)
*** If you are using the ES in VOICE mode set the MIDI OUT PORT of the Editor to mLAN MIDI OUT (9)

The Setup for your DX Simulator should be:
MIDI OUT PORT = mLAN MIDI OUT (10)
*** If you are using the ES in VOICE mode set the MIDI OUT PORT of the Editor to mLAN MIDI OUT (9)

The Motif ES Voice Editor (which is responsible for Normal User 1, Normal User 2, Drum User, Plug-in 2 User, Plug-in 3 User Voice data) will communicate on mLAN MIDI IN/OUT (9)
This is because the VOICE parameters are Motif ES parameters. These are bi-directional so you establish an IN and OUT connection.

The AN Expert Editor which is responsible for the PLG150-AN bank 036/002) will communicate on the second port mLAN MIDI OUT (10). This is NOT a bi-directional communication as the PLG150-AN board never sends any data. It is a passive device. Actually the MIDI IN Port to the Expert Editor can be set to NONE - it does not matter. The only thing that can bulk data IN to the AN Expert Editor is an “AN1X” synthesizer

The DX Simulator (which is responsible for the PLG150-DX bank 035/000) will communicate on the second port, mLAN MIDI OUT (10). This is NOT a bi-directional communication as the PLG150-DX board never sends any data. It is a passive device. Actually the MIDI IN Port can be set to NONE - it does not matter. The only thing that can bulk data IN to the DX Simulator is a “DX7” or “DX7IIFD”, etc., synthesizer.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 29, 2008 @ 04:59 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Re: Bulk Timeout Error!

Thanks Bad Mister, aka Bad Master(LOL).

I’ll give this a shot and see what happens!
I’ll post back if I need further assistance(LOL)

Thanks Again!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG voice not working right in Pattern Mode
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››