mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "session drummer plays but so do notes on keyboard"

Posted on: February 22, 2008 @ 10:33 AM
jfled
Total Posts:  88
Joined  08-13-2007

I created a session drummer track and routed the voice to my Yamaha MO 8. That works great. But when I press one of the keys to play a drum voice I also here the piano voice. How do stop the piano voice from being heard? FYI, I did do a quick record and when I played back the track the piano voice was not there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: session drummer plays but so do notes on keyboard

???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

As Bad Mister’s question marks indicate, you really need to try again with your question as it’s very unclear what you are asking and also trying to do.

Re: “ created a session drummer track and routed the voice to my Yamaha MO 8”
---I assume you are sending MIDI to the MO8. In what mode is the MO8 and how have you got it set up?

Re: “But when I press one of the keys to play a drum voice I also here the piano voice”
---What the heck has that got to do with playing back MIDI from Sonar? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= What are you expecting and trying to do here?

Re: “How do stop the piano voice from being heard?”
--By not playing the keyboard at the same time?? BY making sure MIDI from Sonar isn’t triggering a piano Voice? I’m confused again because I don’t know what it is you are doing?

Re “FYI, I did do a quick record and when I played back the track the piano voice was not there”
---Record what, where and how?...............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2008 @ 06:01 AM
J W CARTER
Total Posts:  3522
Joined  10-10-2006

Try turning local control off on your keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Soft Synths
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››