mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MM6 midi"

Posted on: February 20, 2008 @ 08:39 AM
msxoin
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello, this question may sound a little bot stupid but i;m new to synthesizer staff so i need some understanding!!!
Well, i record some songs while playing the mm6. Is there any way i can transform these songs from midi to mp3 in mp3 QUALITY?
I have downloaded some “Midi to mp3 converter” staff and the result is not compared to the quality of sound inside the mm6. I need to know how can i get the quality of sounds inside the mm6 as a music file.
Thank you in regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2008 @ 11:43 AM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Re: MM6 midi

You need to record the outputs of the mm6 into a recording program like Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2008 @ 12:57 PM
msxoin
Joined  02-20-2008

Well i do record the sound with Cubase usin a USB cable. Problem is that the sound sucks again.

I have to mention that i dont have a sound card. The sound goes out from the motherboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2008 @ 05:12 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

I think you have to invest in some kind of good quality external midi audio device, and shut off the sound of the motherboard.

Its logically that the sounds playing via the motherboard sucks. Its simply not good enough.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2008 @ 05:27 AM
Cygnus64
Joined  02-27-2007

msxoin,

you DO have a sound card, that is what you are hearing. Almost all computers come with a cheap, stock soundcard for bleeps and “Youve got mail” noises. Most people who record disable it and get a better one for recording.

USB is not audio. It has nothing to do with sound.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2008 @ 08:14 AM
msxoin
Joined  02-20-2008

Do you mean that i need to change the USB connection to “Midi out” thing?

And tell me Jan, do you know of any good sound cards for this job?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2008 @ 09:21 AM
UlisesJazzer
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07-12-2006

For me seems that you first need to understand the difference betweem MIDI and Audio.

USB is used by the mm6 to tramsit MIDI data TO and FROM computer. MIDI data is control data, there is no sound in it, just control messages like “note on” “note of” etc.

Audio is the thing itself and it travels by the audio outputs trough the audio cables.

You want to record your MM6? connect your audio outputs to an audio input in cubase, and make sure you are recording audio and not MIDI data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2008 @ 07:29 PM
msxoin
Joined  02-20-2008

Thanks guys! Im ok!!!
Audio transmitted and playbacked perfect. I really like this machine!!! Thank you all!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2008 @ 07:02 PM
woodswalker
Total Posts:  17
Joined  01-15-2008

OK, since we’re talking about audio playback…

I recorded a MIDI testfile last week. If I don’t have my MM6 hooked up and I want to hear the file, it is supposed to play out of my soundcard or maybe out of my Lexicon recording interface? Well I can’t hear it. I have changed the output settings in Cubase but I still can’t hear it. What’s up?

I’m another MIDIot and it will be many years before I really understand what’s going on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2008 @ 07:59 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

MIDI cannot be heard. MIDI is a series of coded messages used to represent a musical performance. MIDI data is created by and requires the device that created it (or similar) to interpret the coded messages and turn them back into audible music.

Think of a player piano… it had a roll of paper with holes punched in it… the paper cannot be heard… it is a series of holes punched out that represent the musical performance. The piano roll (the punched paper) is created by and requires the device that created it (or similar) to interpret the coded messages and turn them back into audible music.

MIDI cannot be heard - in the case of your MM6 recording a MIDI File from it is simply punching holes in a piano roll.

Hope that begins to help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2008 @ 08:50 AM
woodswalker
Total Posts:  17
Joined  01-15-2008

>MIDI cannot be heard. MIDI is a series of coded messages used to represent a musical performance. MIDI data is created by and requires the device that created it (or similar) to interpret the coded messages and turn them back into audible music.
>MIDI cannot be heard - in the case of your MM6 recording a MIDI File from it is simply punching holes in a piano roll.

Thanks. If I want to hear the tracks, what should I do?
Do I have to have the keyboard hooked up and does it then play out of the keyboard’s sound engine?

If I don’t have the keyboard hooked up, can I route it to my computer’s soundcard (sB Live synth)?

I thought I understood all this, but when I route the output to the SBLIVE synth (which comes out of my computer speakers) I don’t hear anything.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2008 @ 08:48 PM
Cygnus64
Joined  02-27-2007

Woodswalker,

down the road you will need a better soundcard, but you should be able to route the outputs of the mm6 do the input on the SBLive.

For now, grab a pair of headphones and hook them up to the mm6. That will at least tell you if all the midi stuff is working properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ another midi problem with the mm6
Next Topic:

MM6 MIDI confuses voices? ››