mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Soft Synths"

Posted on: February 19, 2008 @ 06:12 AM
jfled
Total Posts:  88
Joined  08-13-2007

I am newbie when it comes to Cakewalk and I have a few questions about Soft Synths. I have a Yamaha MO 8. If I use a Soft Synth is Sonar will I be able to play the MO8 and have the soft synth sound be generated? Is that the whole idea behind soft synths? I am looking for some go guitar sounds and some good ananlog/80’s type of sounds. What soft synths would you recommend for those type of sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2008 @ 03:52 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Soft Synths

RE: “will I be able to play the MO8 and have the soft synth sound be generated?”
---If you mean you want to play your keyboard, send out MIDI and have a soft synth in Sonar produce sound in Sonar, then certainly, this is normal recording procedure for soft synths. Your keyboard will act as a Master keyboard, generate MIDI notes and send them into Sonar where they will trigger the soft synth thus generating audio. Some soft synths to consider for guitar are RealGuitar (acoustic), RealStrat (electric), Black Bass or Trilogy (bass), Acoustic Legends (samples using a Kontakt player), and you might even get a deal on the discontinued Virtual Guitarist II. Certainly lots of choices, so do your research before buying...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi settings are they correct?
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››