mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "new to motif xs and logic 8"

Posted on: February 18, 2008 @ 08:09 AM
pipaverde
Total Posts:  59
Joined  04-25-2007

So I have made a few beats on my motif xs, and now I want to edit them in Logic 8 which I just recently got.  I have messed around a bit and searched around online but can’t really get anywhere.
This is what I’m trying to do:
-Take my song, from pattern mode, and have it sync to logic via usb to my mac.  It seems the midi ports are recognized, but each track has weird symbols instead of the actual names of the instruments on the motif.
Basically, you know how you can edit on the song on the motif (kind of tedious wiht small screen to cut and paste/move/copy, etc...) - I want all that sound info (waves, each tracks- entire song) to appear in logic so that I can edit the song on the computer.  Is this possible?

I have never used logic before, and am fairly new to creating songs on motif- but, I changed the setting utility>remote>DAW type> Logic, and it still isn’t helping me. 

I am obviously missing something.  Because I am new at the motif, editing on pattern mode seems hard and not that efficient.  For this reason, I want to pull up my song on Logic, as it is on the Motif, but when its on my computer it will be easier to move stuff around/cop/cut/paste/add effects, etc…

Anyone know of any resources that may help me or have any advice?

Thanks…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ nervous newbie
Next Topic:

recognizing mac ››