mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Classic Motif Sound data in the XS?"

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 06:34 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Hello,
I tried to save some ALL VOICES from my classic motif as .W2V files onto storage and then load them in the XS,but I cannot get the XS to notice the files.So then I tried to open the .W2V files in awave still it does not see the waveform? Is there a step I missed? Thanks,bobby

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 07:16 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Classic Motif Sound data in the XS?

Classic voices must first be converted to the Motif ES format as ES “All” files and then they can be loaded into the XS.

The file extension types for the ES are “.W7A” and “.W8A” (for “All” type files) and “.W7E” and “.W8E” for ES Voice Editor files.

There has been some mention of file type format converters posted here on this forum, I don’t know where those posts are and I don’t know which third-party apps will do the conversions. I do know that the hardware way to do things is to load a Classic file first into an ES, then re-save as an ES file.

There is no way to go directly from Classic format to XS format.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 07:33 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008

Thanks Dave for clearing that up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008

Ok so I’m not understanding this I saved the All Voices from the classic to the memory card and loaded them inside awave 10.1 and they do nothing.. so I cannot go any further to finish this translation.lol I do not have a ES so I guess this is where the show stops for me.. I’ve done conversions in awave ,but this one has got me.. Do you mean to tell me that these are the options for a classic user who upgrades to the XS? Yamaha needs to really step up here and design a user friendly app that can do proper conversions.Also a sample editor app for this way out of date sampler..hmm....Wow this really makes me adore my Virus TI and the company Access so much now , they offer their entire user banks and free updates if you get to their Flagship synth..Oh well I’m done ranting..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 10:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Step up? You can’t always live in the past. The Motif ES had a built-in “look up” table that would convert original Motif Voices so that the ES could play them… That was 2003 looking back to 2001.

The Motif XS has a built-in “look up” table that will convert Motif ES Voices so that the XS can play them… That is 2007 looking back to 2003.

Provided in the MotifMart (in the Files and Software area) you will find a zipped download that contains the original Motif Factory Preset Voices in Voice Editor format (.w2e/.w3e) - a clever person could download these, use the Motif ES Editor (which is free) to open them… Save them as Motif ES Editor files (.w7e/.w8e) and then open them with the Motif XS Editor.

The architectures of the units is quite different, the effect processors have changed substantially… but if you are willing to go ahead and tweak them, help yourself. But if you are thinking we have the engineering staff to provide “look up” tables for every past product, ...well, we don’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2008 @ 11:25 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008

I was not aware of the the original Motif Factory Preset Voices in Voice Editor format (.w2e/.w3e),thanks .. This will get me where I need to go.There are sounds on the Classic that ‘are just kinda hard to let go of.. lol I’m going to incorporate these in the XS....Again thanks…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Trouble saving patterns and power on mode.
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››