mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Position/Time Off b/w Logic Pro and Motif XS8 MTC"

Posted on: January 28, 2008 @ 06:49 AM
ayp
Total Posts:  22
Joined  07-29-2007

Hi All,

Here is something that has been hampering me since I got Logic Pro.

I currently use my Motif XS8 as a USB controller into Logic Pro. I also have my motif hooked up via SPDIF to my apogee Ensemble in order to transfer audio data to Logic Pro.

Here is my huge dilemna and I hope someone can help.

I have a song sequenced in Motif XS8 on 16 tracks. Some of these tracks I want the Motif’s actual voices and some I want to replace with voice from a Logic Plugin (i.e. evp88 or Sampletank). I am in song mode on my motif and the measure is at 001:01:000. when i put Logic in record mode and hit the arrow to make sure it’s at the beginning of recording for the motif xs and logic, logic measure reads as this: 0 4 4 240 instead of 1 1 1 000. so when i record my 1:1:000 in motif is with 0 4 4 240 in logic pro. no matter what i do, as long as i have logic pro synced to the motif xs via “Midi Clock Sync”, logic pro’s position is always 240 behind each measure.

So when I record each audio track separately from the motif xs, as long as it is all audio from the motif, each track will line up on playback in logic after recording. now, say i now record midi data for 1 track from the motif xs (b/c i like sampletank’s piano sound better for instance), when i play it back with the audio tracks, the midi track in logic pro is behind the audio by almost 1 second. i analyzed the audio track and it appears that even though when i record it, everything is recording in logic at the exact positions as it is in the motif xs, when i go back to play it, it appears that the audio has moved forward, whilst the midi track has not moved.

Any thoughts on how i can fix this? I know I should be able to pick and choose which tracks from the motif i want to keep the motif sound and which i want to use a logic sound and be able to just dump it to logic 1 track at a time and it should be in perfect timing. isn’t that what the midi sync is for?

but b/c of this i can’t. i press on each audio track to see the start position of each one and it is never 1 1 1 000, it’s always a bit off. i have no idea how to fix this. can someone please tell me the proper settings to achieve this easy procedure of dumping audio and midi data from my xs sequencer to Logic Pro in perfect timing?????

thanks in advance!

settings for Synchronization are the defaults:

core audio: mtc continuous
bar position 1 1 1 1 plays at SMPTE 1:0:0:0.0.

in Motif XS, my midi sync is set to internal
MTC Start Offset 00:00:00:00 (not sure what this is really for though.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ set up
Next Topic:

Logic Studio Newbie Question ››