mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "can get drums to play without a synth togther ! !!"

Posted on: January 27, 2008 @ 04:48 PM
renteria
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-13-2008

can get drums to play without a synth together ...when i choose Dr: to play drum sound a synth sound always plays in the background like they are layered together...i want the drum sound to play by itself..how can i do this??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2008 @ 10:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: can get drums to play without a synth togther ! !!

What mode are you in?

If you are in VOICE mode, you can only play one Voice at a time.

Press [VOICE] to enter VOICE mode
Hold [SHIFT] + press [VOICE] to select Drum Kits
Use the Data Wheel or UP Cursor to advance through Kits

You don’t mention what your controller (keyboard) is - make sure you are not also hearing it at the same time… Just a thought.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2008 @ 04:34 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: can get drums to play without a synth togther

Do you have any PLG boards installed in your Motif Rack? If so, you should know that by default in Multi and Performance mode, the PLG board in slot 1 is layered with part 1 of a performance or multi. Similarly, the PLG board in slot 2 is layered with part 2. In order to avoid this layering of sounds, you need to setup either the internal tone generator or the appropriate PLG board such that it doesn’t respond to MIDI data on channel 1 or 2 as appropriate.

More information on assigning which resources respond to which MIDI channels when you have PLG boards installed is available on pages 3 and 4 of the Getting Started Guide for Using the PLG150-DR and PLG150-PC Drum and Percussion Plug-In Boards Power User Guide - available on the Racks Behind the Manual page. While written for the PLG150-DR and -PC boards, it applies equally to any of the PLG150 boards.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]