mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using arpeggio in real time recording"

Posted on: January 19, 2008 @ 08:52 AM
marcalpou@bellsouth.net
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-19-2008

Just bought a Motif XS8 and don’t know how to assign drum rythems to my songs.  I have located the sounds but how do I carry them over to the song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2008 @ 04:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Using arpeggio in real time recording

from a previous post.......................................................

Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select [1] - [16] to select the PART to which you want assign the arpeggio
Press [F2] ARP MAIN

On this screen, you can assign ARPEGGIOS for a PART to the [SF] buttons 1-5

Once you have assigned the arpeggio types to [SF1]-[SF5] ARP1-5 buttons, you can record yourself pressing these buttons in either SONG mode or PATTERN mode.

Once you PRESS [RECORD]
Set up the [F1] SETUP screen.
I recommend that you use LOOP OFF - so that the sequencer automatically stops (if you are in PATTERN mode). You do not want it looping during record as you will start recording on top off what you have done. So if you use PATTERN set the LENGTH to whatever you wish 001 through 256 measures and set LOOP = OFF.
In SONG mode just record as long as you like.

Press [F2] ARPEGGIO
You can also setup the arpeggio functions here.
Set the CHANGE TIMING to either “realtime” or “measure”. Measure makes it easy, because the arpeggio will only change at the top of the next measure. “Realtime” is very difficult to nail

Also I recommend setting the HOLD parameter to ON if doing continuous drums - this way you do not have to hold your finger on the keys (unless you want to).

On the [F2] ARPEGGIO screen you can view your five assigned ARP1 - ARP5 on the [SF] buttons while in record - and you can change them whenever you wish and the sequencer will record what you do.

Then press the PLAY button to start the RECORD count-in or if you are in PATTERN mode, you can use KEY-ON START to automatically start.

This method works in SONG mode or PATTERN mode.
Hope that helps…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 09:20 PM
mission
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-10-2008

Re: Using arpeggio in real time recording

THANK YOU!

(posting here so i can search for it later… this answered a bunch of my questions. see i went 8+ pages looking before starting a new thread /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Changing Arp with Assignable Foot Controller?
Next Topic:

Newb question ››