mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif rack with m-audio"

Posted on: January 12, 2008 @ 05:58 AM
n_k_p
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-10-2007

i need help i have a midi controller the axiom 61. i saw the motif and was very impressed. i need to know if it will be the same thing as buying a motif rack with my axiom as a controller? or would i be better of with the mo6 or mm6?....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2008 @ 08:04 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: motif rack with m-audio

The Motif 2001 is discontinued (replaced by the Motif ES)
The Motif-Rack 2002 is discontinued (replaced by the Motif-Rack ES)
The Motif ES 2003 is discontinued (replaced by the Motif XS)
The Motif Rack ES 2004 is a current product as is the MO6 (2005) and the MM6 (2006) and the Motif XS (2007)

The Motif-Rack was the equivalent of the original Motif. The keyboard version always has several compelling reasons to get it - the Control Sliders and Knobs are built to work with the tone generator. The Voicing people (programmers) were playing the actual keyboard and there is something very holistic about how the unit responds. When you use an external controller you never really get the same experience (no matter how much you try to convince yourself it is the same).

The MM6 is an entry level keyboard synthesizer… the MO6 is a serious step up as you move to a synth that can edit and has a fully functional sequencer. The MO6 is an Motif ES lite (if you will) it has the same tone generator as the Motif ES but does not have the expansion options.

What you will be happiest with is really a decision you have to make… what you want from your synthesizer is also a personal thing… not everyone wants to edit sounds, or create sequences, they just want a synth that sounds great and does not cost a lot of money (MM6)… Others require great sound but want more editing and programmability… but don’t have “top-of-the-line” money to spend (MO6)… and some want it all (Motif XS6)! That is why there are multiple units - one to hopefully meet your needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problem with ADSR section
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››