mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Volume controler echo issue with HS 2004 XL"

Posted on: January 06, 2008 @ 05:33 PM
Westend
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-05-2008

Hi,

I have a Motif 8 and Home Studio XL 2004.

I do not have any issues recording and playing back but I have one annoyance that I just can’t figure out.

If I move the volume sliders on the Motif then I can alter the volume of the required part. However, HS appears to echo back the slider control on the track that is selected on the screen.

Let me explain:

On HS I have track 2 selected. I move the slider for track 1 on the Motif and both track 1 and track 2 sliders move on the Motifs display.

I have each track 1 - 16 assigned to midi input/ouput 1 - 16. I do not use omni.

I’ve tried recording the controller data and I can clearly see that the volume sliders are all #106 and transmit on the midi channel associated with the track.

When I set a channel to “omin” in HS I can record all the volume sliders on that track. When I change the input channel back to the tracks unique channel number then only the slider for that channel records.

This is what confuses me. Why if I move the slider on track one one on the Motif does HS manage to capture that event and echo it back on the track selected in HS?

I’m not using remote control.

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2008 @ 06:33 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: Volume controler echo issue with HS 2004 XL

You might post that on the Cakewalk Forums as well (forum.cakewalk.com) but one idea is that you have the two controllers slaved together in a GROUP.

In HOME STUDIO, RIGHT CLICK the volume parameter in the console or mixing track.  If the option “CLEAR GROUP” or “REMOVE FROM GROUP” is available, then the two tracks’ controls are slaved together.

Also, remember that TRACKs don’t necessarily correspond to CHANNELS for input purposes.  You can record any channel into any track.  If you have TRACK 4 armed for record, and the IN is set to OMNI, TRACK 4 will record ANYTHING that comes in on that port, regardless of if it’s coming in on CHANNEL 4 or any other.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording Effects on board of FireWire Mixer
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››