mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES7 --> AIEB2 -->GO46 -->Leopard--> Logic"

Posted on: December 25, 2007 @ 05:35 PM
ghvc
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-01-2004

First let me say that the GO46 has very very clean pre-amp inputs, so clean that it lead me to want to get a cleaner output from the Motif ES via AIEB2 optical, the sound sparkles !

Looking for some suggestions when using the AIEB2 optical into Yamaha GO46 Interface for a problem when using optical.

The problem is that once optical is established from the Motif - ES7 to the GO46 via AIEB2 optical, the GO46 always passes thru the motif output to the audio outputs and headphone of the GO46 regardless of active track selection in Logic (or garageband for that case).  It’s like there is a signal path of it’s own outside of the DAW control to the GO46 outputs, thus the Motif sounds without consideration of the DAW track selected.

Setup:

GO46 Control Panel V1.28
Service Revision 1.26
Apple FW Audio Version 2.4.0fc8

MAC OS 10.5.1
2.16GHZ Core 2 Duo iMac
Logic 8.0.1

AIEB2 - set to 24BIT
Go46 Master Clock - “External”
44.1KHz

Midi via USB (not via the Go46)
Logic 8 DAW control via port 4 with Motif ES as controller

additional notes:  The Go46 “analog” inputs act as normally expected and Go46 set to “internal” master clock works in this configuration.  By the way, when the Go46 is set to “External” external means the AIEB2 signal is the master, not Logic.

Just looking for some direction, if this is a GO46 challenge or Core Audio, master clock etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2007 @ 09:23 PM
ghvc
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-01-2004

Re: Motif ES7 --> AIEB2 -->GO46 -->Leopard--> Lo

It’s lame to reply to your own post but thought I would pass this along anyway.

Yamaha released a new USB Midi driver for OSX 12/27/2007 that I located here after the update:

[url=http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/midi_driver.html]http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/midi_driver.html [/url]

I updated to this driver and I no longer experience the problem I was having.  I am not positive it is related but the problem of the audio pass thru the GO46 I no longer experience.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ xs and Logic Express...trouble with bank selection
Next Topic:

XS Remote for Logic Pro 8 ››