mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "digital out?? How?"

Posted on: December 20, 2007 @ 10:14 PM
k9lb
Total Posts:  999
Joined  01-31-2006

I thought I would try to upgrade the quality of sound by using the digital out of the Mo rack (original)
I have digital in/out cords plugged into my sound card.  The same jack also hosts my midi in and out.
However, I’ve only been using the midi in to the computer and using usb to the motif utilizing the motif midi out as a second bank.

How do I get any sound at all using this digital cable?
Is the sound returning through the sound card?  The manual is somewhat sparce with this information.
BTW I’m using Sonar 6 producer in a windows xp computer.
Perhaps there is something I need to do in the routing in Sonar
Thanks
Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2008 @ 03:37 AM
k9lb
Joined  01-31-2006

Re: digital out?? How?

Still trying.
Anybody doing this?  If so...how?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry there is not enough information here to give you an answer. You say “I have digital in/out cords plugged into my sound card. The same jack also hosts my midi in and out.”

That is some jack. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= How is that possible?

You ‘d have to give some details on your soundcard. All you need to know about the Motif Rack is that the digital outs are SPDIF (CD/DAT). You can use the optical or the coaxial - not both - no need to use both. Each is a stereo output that is the main L&R output. What type of digital input is on your computer soundcard? And what type of signal is it looking for? 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2008 @ 11:07 AM
k9lb
Joined  01-31-2006

Thanks for responding Phil,
Some jack?...Actually some ‘card’...sorry.
For clarification...it’s a delta soundcard with stereo RCA in and out but it has a serial port where I plug the interface (cords) which has MIDI in and out as well as S/Pdif in and out.  4 cables attached to one port.
But in short, I think you answered my question on the “usb noise” thread.
Besides, I had to quit using that soundcard due to the internal conflict between the card and the new presonus FP-10 interface (firewire).
That actually brings up another issue but I’ll be taking that up with presonus.
Thanks again.
Wayne

[ Ignore ]