mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-an: using two boards seamlessly"

Posted on: December 14, 2007 @ 09:36 PM
miamigroove
Total Posts:  92
Joined  01-12-2005

Ive just gotten around to playing with this card....I love the sounds...but im already getting a little annoyed with the 5 voice polyphony...(i just try & pretend its a Prophet 5 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
Anyone out there with two of these? How seamless are they? Is it more difficult to create patches, use the ANx editor, etc? I noticed the same in other posts how once I installed it causes the mode screen/scrolling to lag… does that get any worse with two boards installed? thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2007 @ 07:36 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: PLG150-an: using two boards seamlessly

Well, just like any other plug-in, the increased polyphony comes at a cost:

YOU have to be the one to manage which PLG plays which notes.  In other words, you can’t just hit 10 keys on your keyboard and expect the ES to work it out and send 5 to each PLG.

You would probably need to set up a Performance / Split so your left hand goes to one module and your right to another (or something like that).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2007 @ 07:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When you install 2 or 3 AN boards and put the host in POLY EXPAND, basically the boards become one board with 10 or 15 notes of polyphony respectively. You, of course, will load the same library to all boards because you no longer address them individually after that… you address the lowest numbered slot - it uses the other hardware - after they are loaded with the sound library you are going to use, you are unaware they are there except for the increased polyphony when you play a polyphonic sound.

If you, for example, load different libraries into the second and third board you will get silliness when you attempt to use POLY EXPAND - the dynamic voice allocation will most likely toggle between the first, then the second, then the third board in turn… this is why with Poly Expand you load the same library to all the boards (seamless), if you do not, then the the sound behavior will be illogical.

If you do not use Poly Expand then each board is independent and acts as a separate 5 note synth.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2007 @ 05:23 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The lag is the same no matter how many cards you have installed.

I mostly use mine as separate synths for sequencing but when I have tried poly expansion (15 voices with 3 boards) it worked flawlessly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2008 @ 05:53 PM
miamigroove
Total Posts:  92
Joined  01-12-2005

“You, of course, will load the same library to all boards because you no longer address them individually after that… you address the lowest numbered slot - it uses the other hardware - after they are loaded with the sound library you are going to use, you are unaware they are there except for the increased polyphony when you play a polyphonic sound.”

BM-

I finally got my other PLG150-AN...I had the original in slot 2. Im putting the new one in slot 3. So are you saying that to use Poly Expand I have to copy the “Pluginallbulk2” file (in my case - named AUTOLD2.W2B) and rename it AUTOLD3.W2B wherupon it will load my patches in for both boards? And if this is the case, what do I do when I create custom patches using the AN1x editor? Must I now save the Slot 2 & Slot 3 (as well as an ALL) files?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2008 @ 05:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes. When I used to boot up my Motif ES, I had four autoload files in the root directory.
AUTOLOAD.W7A which would load the internal Motif ES (and all my Utility mode settings, including the POLY EXPAND setting, etc.)
AUTOLD1.W2B which would load the custom data for the PLG150 in slot 1
AUTOLD2.W2B which would load the custom data for the PLG150 in slot 2
AUTOLD3.W2B which would load the custom data for the PLG150 in slot 3

When the ES searches for autoload files it will load all that it finds (when named properly).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-an voices / classic rock / sequences
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››