mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to transfer S90ES voices to Motif ES"

Posted on: November 24, 2007 @ 05:45 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  402
Joined  11-11-2004

I’m trying to transfer my 2 user banks (.S7E) from my S90ES to a Motif ES8 via the Motif ES voice editor program, but i’m getting “Error reading file” message when i try to execute it. Is it possible to even do this? Or am i wasting my time? Thanks!

Ok, this is strange! The S90ES voice editor will open the Motif ES (.w7e) user banks, but not vica versa. Why is this happening?

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2007 @ 08:51 AM
GregH
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2005

Re: Trying to transfer S90ES voices to Motif ES

I believe it is because the S90ES has extra piano samples and effects not found on the Motif ES synths, and therefore is not backwards compatible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2007 @ 09:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Ok, this is strange! The S90ES voice editor will open the Motif ES (.w7e) user banks, but not vica versa. Why is this happening?

Because time moves forward.

The engineers when working on an S90 ES were aware of the existence and operations of the Motif ES. However, when the Motif ES was developed the S90 ES did not exist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2007 @ 11:22 AM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

So i take it as i cannot open S90ES voice editor files with Motif ES voive editor? Rats!

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Frankenstein Synth
Next Topic:

Are Motif ES presets available as .ALL files ››