mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice assigned ARP not sounding for Part"

Posted on: November 21, 2007 @ 06:52 PM
imaband
Total Posts:  73
Joined  07-22-2003

I assigned an arpeggio to a voice and it plays correctly in voice mode but when I call up that patch for the corresponding Part in Multi Mode the Arp is gone. I can set up an Arp on the Part itself but I want to disable or otherwise BYPASS the Part Arp to allow the Voice Arp to bust through. I don’t want to have to assign Arps to Parts on the fly with SONAR. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2007 @ 12:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Voice assigned ARP not sounding for Part

You don’t give us many details, but in general, if you have stored an arpeggio with a Voice, that arpeggio is stripped off when you place the Voice in a MULTI… THere are 16 potential Voices in a Multi and only 1 arpeggiator - so if you want to assign an arpeggio you have to tell the Multi which Part’s arpeggio you want. Here’s how…

Place your VOICE in a PART of a MULTI and [STORE] the MULTI (very important)… for our example we will say that you stored this VOICE to PART 01.

• Press [UTILITY]
• PAGE [>] to the JOB SEL screen
• Cursor down and select [COPY]
• The COPY MULTI function appears
• Setup so you are copying PART 01’s ARP (shown below):

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/375380-ARP%20COPY.JPG

Executing this JOB will copy the arpeggio associated with the Voice currently occupying PART01 to our current MULTI. 

Now let’s set the ARP ON for PART01 and set the main ARP SWITCH ON, and select a ARP OUT Channel. Here’s how:

• Press [EDIT]
• Press the [MUTE/SEL] button to turn the LED OFF. This selects the “SELECT” function.
• Press button [1/5/9/13] to select PART01
• Press PAGE [<] to select the VOICE screen
• Cursor down to set ARP SW = ON. As a rule, the arpeggio switch can be ON for only one MIDI channel (you can have more than one PART assigned to a single MIDI channel). When you turn the ARP SW ON for a PART it will be turned OFF elsewhere.

• Hold [SHIFT] + [ARPEGGIO] to select ARP EDIT parameters.  Here you can set the ARP OUT SWITCh and select a MIDI channel to route the arpeggio data on....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Touring Setup Question
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››