mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Help Sequencing Midi from Motif to MPC2000XL"

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 04:57 AM
flossyboy
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-22-2003

Hey what’s up
thanks in advance for helping me out

This is my normal recording protocol:
1. set up the Motif into performance mode, so i can select 4 differnt instruments and split the keyboard

2. then record each instrument on 4 different tracks in the mpc’s sequencer.

With this setup, i’m using the same midi channel for each split.  I have both the motif and mpc’s deviceID as 10, and the midi channel for transmission from the motif to mpc as 10 also.

Now i went to my friend’s house to show him how to set up his Korg Arranger and mpc.  When i set his up though, each instrument was going over it’s own channel.  He could then use 16 instruments...hence 16 channels of midi..to sequence to his mpc.

How could I do that with the motif?

Like could I put the motif into “Song MODE” and then use 16 tracks, with a separate instruments, on separate midi channels, to sequence to the mpc on 16 tracks in a sequence?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 06:35 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Need Help Sequencing Midi from Motif to MPC2000XL

Re: “Like could I put the motif into “Song MODE” and then use 16 tracks, with a separate instruments, on separate midi channels, to sequence to the mpc on 16 tracks in a sequence?”
----You certainly can, and that’s the direction in which to head, and what you will need to do. You need to explore “Song” and “Pattern” mode in the Motif. (For S90 owners, you will need to use “Sequencer” mode to accomplish this sort of thing). Also here’s some additional information on the subject of sequencing you may find useful click here ..........................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 06:54 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: Need Help Sequencing Midi from Motif to MPC200

All you have to do is go into pattern mode and now you can use all 16 channels and controll all scrolling on the mp.(banks, midi channels, solo, etc.)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Control Sliders in Master Mode
Next Topic:

brian cowells step by step programing??? ››