mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Control Sliders in Master Mode"

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 02:18 AM
Woody
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-02-2003

Hello. I am new on this forum. Since 1 month I own a Motif7, and I use it as a masterkeyboard, controlling 3 external modules, Emu B3, JV1010 and TR-Rack.
I think I can understand most of the Motif and got all modules working and responding to the Motif (in MasterMode), except for one strange thing.

I use different Masters for different songs, and the EMU is always on zone 4, starting at volume level 0. Works great, until I want to add some organ with slider 4 (set to cc#7).
When I start moving the slider, the organ doesnt come in gradually until I reach the level of 100 (out of 127). It then suddenly comes in screaming, and once beyond this point the slider works fine, also for levels < 100.

My question: why seems the slider to be dead below 100 and become alive once I reach this volume ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 04:06 AM
ejah
Joined  09-24-2002

Re: Control Sliders in Master Mode

Beacuse somewhere in your settings you have programmed the default Volume for zone 4 to 100.
The slider kicks in after passing that value, and works from there as the controller.
So set your level for zone 4 to 0. And remember to keep you slider on 0 as well, beacuse any “change"will automaticall result in the sound “screaming"in.
HTH,
Ernst

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 04:07 AM
Woody
Joined  05-02-2003

Hoi Ernst, another Dutchman.
I continue in English for the sake of other users.

Zone 4 (Emu) volume setting = 0. (Edit / 4 / Preset / Volume)
After selecting the Master I do not want to hear the EMU-module (zone 4). And it is silent, so this is fine.
For testing I put all the sliders in the 0-position before selecting any Master.

The miracle is that zone 4 does not come to live at all until the slider is moved beyond the level of 100.
Why 100 ? There is nowhere any volumesetting of 100, nor in the Motif nor in the EMU.
Besides, the same thing occurs with the JV1010 and the TR-Rack !! Before being able to control the volume the slider has to pass the 100-value line !!

On the EMU I can monitor the Vol-Setting in the display (0-127) , and indeed it remains dead (0) until the slider4-volume of 100 is reached. Once 100 is reached the display jumps from 0 to 100 and the slider works OK from then and the display reflects the real value.

I tried it with different Volume-settings (0, < 100, 100, 127) and there is always this 100-value limit....

Isn’t this strange…

Gr
Woody

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2003 @ 03:45 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Hello to the Netherlands,

There seems to be a problem here with this function. It has been reported. Hang in there, I will follow up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2003 @ 12:23 AM
ejah
Joined  09-24-2002

Funny it took a couple of Dutchies to figure that one out.
Is that a kind of Double Dutch or what?
Cheers,
Ernst

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2003 @ 01:35 PM
Woody
Joined  05-02-2003

BadMister and Ejah,

Thanks for your response.
Hope the problem will be resolved in OS 1.8.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ original or tweeked???
Next Topic:

Need Help Sequencing Midi from Motif to MPC2000XL ››