mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sonar 7 is here"

Posted on: September 18, 2007 @ 03:00 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004

[url=http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Sonar_7_Features.swf]http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Sonar_7_Features.swf [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2007 @ 03:08 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Sonar 7 is here

Thanks for the heads up. A reasonable upgrade path for Sonar 5 users such as me.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2007 @ 02:40 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

i got 2 upgrades to buy this month. sonar 7 and Reason 4…

i need money !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2007 @ 01:08 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004

+1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2007 @ 08:51 PM
NeuroRon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-17-2004

I ordered the upgrade yesterday - too much to pass up - Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2007 @ 04:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Anyone ask them about implementation of the Studio Connections protocol?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2007 @ 05:07 AM
royarn
Joined  11-06-2005

Now you are having a laugh Bad_Mister. thats one area where Cakewalk refuse to listen, like having a width control on the pan.

Roy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2007 @ 10:26 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

i wondering when i might need to upgrade my computer to handle all of these new features and plugins…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2007 @ 12:13 PM
NeuroRon
Joined  01-17-2004

the computer requirements are posted with the S7 info on the cakewalk website

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2007 @ 02:26 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

what i meant was with all the programs i have on my computer now, i wondered when it might be time to upgrade. currently i have Reason, Adobe Audition, Sonar 6, Melodyne and i’m about to add a video program maybe Vegas or Adobe Premier. and i have numerous plugins like Waves, Izotope and T-Racks. so far i’ve had no problems…

would it be time for an external hard drive for the video and keep the audio on my main drive ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2007 @ 08:29 AM
NeuroRon
Joined  01-17-2004

Kyle,

I’ve got one hard drive now (actually two in a RAID 0 configuration) with 1 gB of RAM- the advice is always to have at least your recording drive separate, and usually also one for sample streaming. That being said, things have been going smoothly for me till I started running a lot of instances of sample based stuff in real time (Dimension Pro and Battery 3 in particular) especially with Perfect Space. If I freeze things, it is no problems, if not, I sometimes get stutters while recording audio - I usually have a fair amount of vocal, guitar and maybe hand percussion audio tracks). My system specs are well in line with the CW recs, BUT I had the same thoughts as you. What I’ve decided to do is increase my RAM to 2 GB and add one or two additional eSATA hard drives, internally and finally set up an external terabyte back-up system. I’d probably go with a separate video drive if I was doing video. Still, freezing is not that big a deal and I try to do all my tracking before I start adding convolution reverbs, but sometimes, your whole idea of what’s needed change after you hear the “finished track.” - Good luck - Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2007 @ 09:32 AM
bluesplayer
Total Posts:  91
Joined  09-04-2004

Usually I get wave after wave of email from CW especially just prior to launch of new version. This year I didn’t and I was just thinking about when next version would be ready then I saw this thread – so off I went with plastic in hand (Studio Connections not withstanding).

So I guess XS7 will just have to work my way with the Sonar on my PC (I haven’t even bothered to install the Cubase AI disk that came with XS7 - Yamaha I LOVE your synth but …)

Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2007 @ 01:07 PM
NeuroRon
Joined  01-17-2004

I was procrastinating installing Sonar T PE because I was going to upgrade my RAM (1 --> 2 gB) and add a second HD (right now I have two, but they are configured as a RAID 0), but after reading reports I went ahead and just installed. A completely smoote installation - CPU running no higher than before and not a glitch in picking up the projects I’ve been working on in S 6 PE and playing and recording - Working out even better than I expected.

[ Ignore ]