mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with New XS7"

Posted on: August 03, 2007 @ 10:22 PM
myXS7
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-03-2007

Hi bought my first Yamaha keyboard ever and its not even 24 hours old. I’m from a Korg background and I need 2 answers that will greatly help me.

1) Is there a way to create your own user bank that will not over ride factory sounds? I cannot find a bank that is blank. On Korg keys there is always a blank bank so you can take what ever and put it in one place. so you have a live set of sounds in one location. The master mode is something like this but it has its own sounds which i don’t know yet are new sounds or copied from voice and perform sounds. Also master mode lets you order sounds from everywhere but if you modify them, then you are modifying the voice and perform sounds as well. Can you make a bank with 128 blank locations by plugging in a usb stick? I just don’t want to over right factory sounds.

2) In Korg keyboards say in Combi mode there are 128 voices in each bank. I have memorized all my sounds in my own bank that I remember the numbers to each sound in with. Like 21 accordian, 50 vibes. How do you dial number sounds in Motif so that when I make my own set of 128 layered sounds, I can dial them in by numbers instead of remembering A-4 or H-14? There has to be a way to do this. when I play live I use roughly 60 sounds, so having 1-16 sounds is not enough for me. (A1-A16)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2007 @ 06:44 PM
Johnn
Total Posts:  154
Joined  08-03-2007

Re: Help with New XS7

Factory pre-sets are not over-ridable, The user banks are. What you get in the user area is just a copy of the presets to start with. and if you reset to factory default you get them back in the user area.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2007 @ 09:10 AM
MichaelJHuman
Total Posts:  369
Joined  09-04-2007

Re: Help with New XS7

If you have favorite voices, you can use the favorite memorization mode that’s in category search.

I am not sure that answers your question though.

You mention layers; you can layer four voices in performance mode.  You can layer 16 voices in pattern mode - there’s a thread in the XS forum that explains how you can use pattern mode for layering.

For live work, master mode seems best.  As you say, master mode “patches” are simply pointers to voices, performances, patterns or songs.  If you have 50 commonly used “patches”, set up the first 50 master modes to your 50 “patches”.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Relocating to Australia?
Next Topic:

Best price for XS6 ››