mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "80s Soundset"

Posted on: July 17, 2007 @ 07:33 PM
sqrblk
Total Posts:  120
Joined  06-26-2005

Will the 80s Soundset Download work on a Classic Motif???

Also, since the Classic does not have a usual USB port for a USB memory stick, would an adapter work to save patterns on a memory stick??? Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2007 @ 01:10 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: 80s Soundset

The 80’s sound set is for :

Motif ES
Motif Rack ES
MO6/8
S90 ES

So unfortunately not the classic.

In terms of loading stuff onto the classic your best bet is to get a Smart Media Card and a Smart Media adapter for your PC (if it doesn’t already have one) This is the quickest way of loading stuff onto the classic.
If you find Smart Media cards in short supply then you can get hold of an XD to Smart Media slot adapter which would allow you to use XD cards in your classic (though it can only address 128Mb of the XD memory regardless of the size of the XD card) However, a recent perusal of the Fuji website in the UK seemed to indicate that they are still committed to supporting their cameras which used Smart Media Cards and are therefore still making the cards, so maybe check out the fuji.co.uk site or its US sibling.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2007 @ 07:40 PM
garymf
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-16-2006

Please dont’ forget about us classic owners! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

We wnt the 80s sound sets everyone’s making too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2007 @ 09:36 AM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

It may not be possible due to the different samples in the classic to the ES and XS.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2007 @ 06:26 AM
sqrblk
Total Posts:  120
Joined  06-26-2005

Is there any hope for getting this in some format???  Please don’t forget the Classic owners!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
Goodi
Total Posts:  97
Joined  08-19-2007

Hi everyone Newbie here..... with my new Motif XS 8.  Ok here’s my problem I ordered the 80’s Pop/Rock soundset for my Yamaha Motif XS 8. I plugged the memory stick into my Motif and I managed to download the sounds etc etc.

My question is… Do I have to plug in the Memory stick every time I want those sounds or can they be put in Memory in the Motif ?  So far after unplugging the memory stick and shutting down the Motif the 80’s sound set seem to be gone.  Do I have to reload them every time ?

Second Question, Can I use the 80’s sounds and also use the voices and Patterns already in the Motif ? For example playing a song from the 80’s sound set then switching to a voice on the Motif to play some other song and then back to an 80’s sound set voice to play another song. Hopefully I am expressing myself clearly here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2008 @ 12:48 AM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

It depends on the content of the sound set. If the set only uses the onboard ROM then it shoudl be useable after a power cycle. If it loads samples into RAM though, those samples are lost on a power cycle and so you woudl need to reload the sound set each time you do a power cycle.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2008 @ 07:39 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The other thing that could cause the problem you are seeing is if you have setup the Motif XS to “autoload” a file on power up. If that file does not include the new voices (i.e. the 80’s sound set), they will be overwritten on power up.

You can certainly load different voice sets in a live situation, although it can take a little bit of time. Another option would be to create your own setup with a combination of the stock sounds from the XS and other voice sets. Simply load the desired voices into the User voice banks.

Regards,

Brad Weber http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/295252-santa_sml.gif

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Classic DVDs
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››