mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simple Multi Question!!"

Posted on: June 29, 2007 @ 04:30 PM
Pianofreak
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-29-2007

Hey everyone..

i just bought a motif rack 2 weeks ago, and dont know how to record a song with different instruments
Ive heard that i can record it with multi.
Im using Sonar LE as software!
And Ive also heard that i can control the motif Rack with a software. but what software??
oh one last thing.
when i press the multibutton i can only play piano for every multi.. like when i wanna play guitarrox i play piano instead.
Im lost..
Please please help me

thanks

-danny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2007 @ 04:59 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Simple Multi Question!!

When you want to address the Motif Rack on multiple MIDI channels the correct mode is indeed MULTI mode. There are 16 PARTS each can be assigned to a different MIDI channel.

You must select in SONAR what PART of the Motif Rack you are communicating with. A track in Sonar has an INPUT (from your MIDI keyboard controller) and an OUTPUT (goes to the Motif Rack on a specific MIDI channel)… that channel assignment will determine what you hear.

Cannot be more specific becasue you did not tell us about your MIDI interface nor did you mention your MIDI controller.

The software for the Motif Rack is available on [url=http://www.yamahasynth.com]http://www.yamahasynth.com [/url]

You will want to download the following (3) items:
Studio Manager version 2.1.7 for Windows
Motif Rack Multi-Part Editor version 2.1.6 for Windows
Motif Rack Voice Editor version 2.1.6 for Windows

Are you using the Motif Rack as your MIDI interface via USB?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice isnt working
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››