mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Applying ARP to previously recorded midi playback"

Posted on: August 29, 2002 @ 06:29 PM
limey
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-05-2005

Is there a simple way to apply an ARP in song mode.  I can apply one in voice mode when I play the Motif but I have to put the Motif in song mode when I play back previously recorded midi notes from a Cubase song in order to get Motif sounds out.  I would like to be able to apply ARPs to these sounds if possible...is there any way to do this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2002 @ 01:46 PM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

Re: Applying ARP to previously recorded midi playback

Anyone?

I’ve downloaded all I can find on this subject, but nothing talks about playing back sounds in my Motif from a midi track in Cubase AND applying an Motif ARP to it.  Is it possible?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2002 @ 02:40 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, external MIDI tracks can also be arpeggiated , but it can be confusing unless you seperate the MIDI channels for arp playback and arp record. 

For example , let’s say you have a Cubase track on MIDI channel 1 playing a sound on Motif’s part 1.  You want to arpeggiate it.

We would suggest going to Song Mode , Press MIX, Edit then Common.  F3 is where the Song Mix Common arp setting are. SF1 allows you to select the arp you want and other arpeggio parameters, Press SF4 to turn the Output Switch (so arp notes are transmitted out via MIDI) to ON and set the Transmit Channel to 2.  So the straight Cubase track is playing back on Channel 1 - Part 1.

In Mix Voice, set Motif’s part 2 to the same Voice as on Part 1.

Now set Cubase to record on Channel 2 and turn the arpeggio On. 

It is a little tricky to record arpeggios using previously recorded MIDI tracks, but if you keep the playback channel and the arp transmit channel different , it will work fine. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2002 @ 07:04 AM
limey
Joined  10-05-2005

Thanks Guru,

However, despite following your instructions exactly I could not get this to work this weekend despite repeated attempts.
I could not record ARP midi data on track 2 in Cubase or even hear the ARP playback, just the original note-on chording on track 1 in Cubase.
Coulkd you please review your instructions just to make sure you didn’t miss a step.......thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2002 @ 09:19 AM
limey
Joined  10-05-2005

ATTN: GURU (YAMAHA)

When you get a moment please read my latest posting and respond...thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ neundo ?? and a midi query
Next Topic:

lost effects... ››