mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MM6 and included software--How’s it working out???"

Posted on: May 08, 2007 @ 01:59 PM
squeak_D
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-24-2005

How’s the MM6 working out for you guys who are using it with the included software for recording purposes?  Are you running into any problems.  Is the poly becoming an issue as you build up a track by overdub, ect. ?

I’d have to say that one big plus of the MM6 is that it does ship with the software.  That program more than makes up for the lack of pattern recording and indepth sequencing the MM6 lacks on board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2007 @ 12:17 PM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

Re: MM6 and included software--How’s it working out???

Man, isn’t anyone using the included software that ships with the MM6?  I know someone here wrote the instru. defs for it

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2007 @ 02:13 PM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Someone (Dynosaur) wrote definitions for SONAR, which I am using. I have no idea if they work with Cubase LE.

As for the Cubase, I briefly tried it and it works. I dont have any reason to use it.  With all the stuff I have, I got software coming out of my butt! Cubase LE, Cubasis, Ableton, Cakewalk home Studio, Sonar LE, etc.  I have been using Sonar for years and have no reason to change, I know it really well. I fear change.  /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif alt= /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2007 @ 03:52 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

i already have a Mo classic and i want to hook up an MM6. i’ll probably midi them together and i’m working in Sonar 6. anything special i need to do ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2007 @ 12:16 AM
slammah2012
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-09-2007

I never was able to see the Yamaha USB port in the Shipped Cubase sequencer program....Why they wouldnt include a proper usb driver is beyond me....and why is the midi ports disengaged when you insert the USB cable???
How retarded is that???....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2008 @ 01:56 AM
Hardts
Total Posts:  102
Joined  01-10-2008

Is nobody having any luck with using the bundled Cubase with the MM6?

I would really like to know aswell since I have quite a few tracks I need to finalize in Cubase, I just haven’t tried it yet because as far as I have understood, it’s really buggy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
UlisesJazzer
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07-12-2006

Re: MM6 and included software--How’s it working ou

I’ll be givin’ it a try, I haven’t used it yet, I’ll keep you informed. Maybe I will be giving my impressions next week.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2008 @ 12:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I never was able to see the Yamaha USB port in the Shipped Cubase sequencer program....Why they wouldnt include a proper usb driver is beyond me....and why is the midi ports disengaged when you insert the USB cable???
How retarded is that???....

Dont know how to answer that… but MIDI is the way most keyboards on the planet default. Not USB… just because you are going to use it with a computer does not mean it is the most used or that that is the way it should default. Getting the unit to work with USB is indeed troublesome for some but is not anything really that difficult.

Most time when the USB driver is not working this is due to either improper installation or too many instances of MIDI drivers on your computer. If you want help with this please post the information about your computer and your driver version and we would be happy to help. It is not rocket science nor is it brain surgery and it certainly isn’t rocket surgery /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

The Driver for you computer operating system is available online at the following site: Yamaha USB Download page

Follow the instructions, if you get stuck or the driver does no behave properly you may have to fix your registry. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
drthompson2
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-05-2008

I’m having the same problem.

I have an Apple iMac with a 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor running OS X 10.5.1.

I have a USB cable (previously used with a printer) connected to the To Host port on the MM6 and a USB port on my iMac.

I’ve installed the USB-Midi driver from Yamaha’s site.

I’ve installed Cubase LE and ran the update to version 1.0.10 build 110.

I’ve downloaded the script file MM6.txt created by Kevin MacManus.

I copied the script file to Users/Dennis/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Cubase LE/Scripts/Patchnames/.

I’m now able to install MM6 in the MIDI Device Manager.

I can’t seem to specify output to the USB-MIDI driver. When I select a track, the only options I have for in: is MM6 Port1, and the only options for out: are MM6 (MM6 Port1) and MM6 Port1.

I am unable to assign an instrument to the track. When I press a key on the MM6 the green meter bar rises, but no sound comes from my computer speakers. I’ve been tinkering with this for days and I’m about to pull the last hairs out of my head…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Dr Thompson,

The usb is for midi, not audio. When you say “no sound comes from your computer speakers”, thats because the MM6 audio is not hooked up to them.

From what you are writing, it appears that you might be hooked up fine. Record something, then play it back with headphones on your mm6. If you hear it, its working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2008 @ 06:39 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct-a-mundo…

The audio from the MM6 will come out of the MM6 L&R output jacks, not you computer speakers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2008 @ 07:52 AM
dfroula
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-06-2008

I had no problems downloading the Yamaha USB midi driver and installing it. I also downloaded the CuBase LE upgrade and applied it after running the CuBase LE installer on the disk. Cubase recognized the driver with no problems.

I also installed the mm6 definitions file (mm6.txt) so I could reference the patches in the mm6 by name rather than number in the midi inspector in Cubase.

The only thing I found frustrating was the process of writing program change data into a midi track. To make the program changes entered in the inspector permanent, one must use the “merge to midi loop” function. However THIS DOES NOTHING IF THE INSTRUMENT IN THE INSPECTOR IS SELECTED BY NAME through the midi manager capability. One must first selected the physical midi interface as the output device, which forces entering the program changes by number. What a pain! This is a major bug. The Cubase web site has a knowledge database note on the limitation, which I found after a long web search on the issue. It’d be nice to document this in the manual...even nicer to fix it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 01:00 AM
G-EyE
Joined  01-05-2009

OK, I got the driver installed and everything is working, BUT the sound is coming from my computer speakers and I’m getting nothing from the MM6 PLUS, there’s a HUGE delay. I really need help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
G-EyE
Joined  01-05-2009

OK, I got the driver installed and everything is working, BUT the sound is coming from my computer speakers and I’m getting nothing from the MM6

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha MM6 Review!
Next Topic:

User pattern creation for MM6 ››