mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif-rack arrives"

Posted on: April 11, 2003 @ 09:59 PM
ozstarman
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-10-2003

The racks are now available in Oz and from what I’ve seen they will be available in most major cities next week.

The new reverb sounds superb, and using multi mode for sequencing with the extra insert effects is great.

Anyone tried one yet?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2003 @ 08:38 PM
synthbear
Joined  07-22-2003

Re: Motif-rack arrives

Hi ozstarman,

I’ve been torn between a Motif 7 or a Motif Rack.  I sold my Motif 8 in December and currently use a Triton Studio 76 (fully loaded) which I prefer to Motif’s OS (I prefer having my TS in FRONT of me than the MOTIF 8).  If I bought a Motif 7 it would go on the second tier of my stand.

If you’ve compared the Motif’s keyboard vs. the Motif Rack - what do you think?  Are the reverb sounds THAT much better?  And how do the USER patches compare? 

Thanks. Paul.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2003 @ 01:52 AM
ozstarman
Joined  03-10-2003

The rack has the same ROM as the Mo 7, but the new effects really do make a difference IMHO.

I sequence with it more than playing live, so the extra inserts in Multi mode are great.

I do think the Mo range sounds better than the Tritons - nothing humble about that one :-), and the keyboard on the Tritons is a Yammy as well!  Except for Karma and LEs which is a FATAR - you can really feel the difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2003 @ 06:13 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

My Big Beef here is this.
I got the RS7000 I don’t regret it as I didn’t need multisampling, have a DAW , Waldorf ,Kawai and Korg modules and wanted the Mo’ sequncer but with GRID record facilities and a huge “knob” interface .Desktop and compact was a high priority.
Yeehhhaaaaa here comes the Mo’Rack /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=.
Why the...... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt= well um several people I know in the States ahve been grabbin’ these babies for $900US which is $1500AUS approx under current exchange rates.
I’ve been told these are gonna sell for $2800AUS .... dammit thanks but no thanks.
The AW16G was comparable and competitively priced but this kinda takes the cake for over expensive rack equipment.
Think I’ll invest in a pair of TC300’s and DP2 myself and have change left over for something tasty like an Evolver ...
Oh well.
Or am I misguided on the retail pricing.
If this thing were $1800(AUS) I grab it in a snap and have a VL and AN board too thankyou very much. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2003 @ 02:03 AM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Hmmm… I have to agree with you FaX-O-Matic. For $1500 I would grab one tomorrow too, it would compliment my EX5 nicely. But there’s no way I’ll buy one in Australia for $2800, especially without a sampler in the Rack. It would be cheaper to get one sent over from the USA and pay the import duty! I did that once before with some other gear and saved myself over $1000.

Anyway, enough complaining from me. I’ve been lucky enough to use a Motif 6 in the studio for the last few days, it really is a great instrument. Looking forward to test driving a Motif Rack!

Simon
(P.S. I hope you are wrong about the pricing :-))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2003 @ 05:21 PM
milko
Joined  04-19-2003

The motif rack is at Musiclab in Brisbane they sold out of their first shipment in 24 hours and they have 2 left of their second shipment.  I got mine the other day for $2428.

It rocks I love it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2003 @ 02:02 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: Motif-rack arrives (message for Fax-o-matic)

Hi Fax,
Lost your e-mail address.....drop me a line.
Michael

Nomad Digital

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2003 @ 07:40 AM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi Michael I’ve accidentally deleted yours too /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt= ....
If you see this e.mail me at
Note to others this is not an invite for unsolicitated mail please.
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2003 @ 07:43 AM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Yep unsolicited e.mail even d’oh /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is the new Motif dvd available in Oz
Next Topic:

Yamaha 01x ››