mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "use of two controllers with the motif rack."

Posted on: March 14, 2007 @ 11:02 AM
jerryleo
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-14-2007

my question:

Is it possible to use 2 keyboards to control the motif. for example on the multi mode to assign keyboard 1 to part 1 on midi channel 1 and keyboard 2 to part 2 but on midi channel 2 by using a midi interface as the motif contains only 1 midi in.
if anybody knows…
thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2007 @ 01:45 PM
DanielS
Total Posts:  152
Joined  10-24-2003

Re: use of two controllers with the motif rack.

You will need a 2x2 midi merger box.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2007 @ 11:45 PM
rezfactor
Total Posts:  41
Joined  06-12-2007

Interesting idea! Which controllers do you have/were you thinking of getting?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2007 @ 10:01 PM
gdunshea
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-25-2005

Another option is to use a MIDI Interface such as the MOTU Micro Express (which I use together with a Motif Rack and two other Sound Modules).  If you use a PC or Laptop (as I do) you can configure any of the MOTU device’s user defined settings to direct whatever mix of input you want from your two controllers (eg controller 1 Channels 1 to 10, Controller 2 channels 11 to 16 ) or just allow all input to be mixed.  I sugest you do a bit of research on this.  You will find it opens up all sorts of possibilities. 

You can read up at:

[url=http://www.motu.com/products/midi/micro_usb/]http://www.motu.com/products/midi/micro_usb/ [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2007 @ 04:10 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

yes of course.... midi merge box… i have a 4 input merge box

pros....

-you dont have to change multiple keyboards in between songs in a live performance… one button and your 2 midi controllers are ready with the new voices loaded up in the rack

cons…

-have to spend time programming your multis
-it gets involved when you want to adjust volumes on the fly, you haveta use a midi pedal… what youve programmed at home, might need adjustment when the rest of the band is playing along
-and dont ever forget your merge box at home or your screwed

[ Ignore ]