mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Nasty Connection…"

Posted on: March 09, 2007 @ 07:53 AM
RollingTheWriter
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-28-2005

Hello Ladies & Gents...I’m experiencing a !!VERY ANNOYING!! high pitched whine (that at times can sound like a fax machine or morse code) from my Mo. It lurks, but as the volume gets crankd to about -25/-20db on the Travlr, it makes it’s presence known! I’ve Norrowed it down to being the USB connection (I’m using a 2.0 cable)… I’ve: changed outlets, rewired the 1/4” cables (because at first I wasn’t using balanced cables, duh silly me), changed USB cables, run it straight into the computer instead of thru a hub & still No Go… Fortunately I’ve YET to hear the noise in any files that have been bounced to audio. Any Clue as to what’s going on?… Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2007 @ 10:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Nasty Connection...

You don’t need balanced cables. The problem you are experiencing is a ground problem. You will hear it increase as your computer accesses its hard drive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2007 @ 07:19 PM
RollingTheWriter
Joined  12-28-2005

Ok, I’ll accept that, but, why is it only affecting the Mo’s connection? I have two 4 port USB 2.0 hubs connect’d my comp. All ports are used, & when I remove the Mo from the connection the noise stops… So my questn is (to get a better understandn), with it being a ground problem wouldn’t I still hear the noise even after the Mo has been disconnect’d?…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2007 @ 07:34 PM
RollingTheWriter
Joined  12-28-2005

Hey Bad Mister, I just noticed the private msg...Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ evrything works, but..
Next Topic:

Arpeggio problem ››