mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "previous versions of sonar"

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 09:14 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

is it possible that having previous versions of Sonar can mess up something in Sonar 6 ? for example, i am having problems with Session Drummer 2 in Sonar 6. i get an error msg that says “having problem patching an effect”. in my soft synth rack, i don’t even see Session Drummer 2. i only see it in the midi fx.....

i ask this question on the cakewalk site and got a multitude of possible answers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 09:47 AM
NeuroRon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-17-2004

Re: previous versions of sonar

Kyle,

I’ve got every older version of Sonar on my computer without any such problems. Did you have SD2 going earlier and it’s now stopped?

SD 1 was a MIDI FX. It sounds like you’re trying to patch in SD1 AND (very important) if you try to use SD 1 (i.e., the original “Session Drummer") in Sonar 6.x, it will not work unless you get the replacement DLL file by email from Cakewalk.

I hope you realize (sorry if this is too elementary) that for SD2, you insert it as a soft synth (not an FX in a track). After the SD2 soft synth has been inserted when you double click the synth rack icon to see SD2, it is VERY small and you have to pull out the window edges to see the drum kit.

I hope this is relevant and helps. Good luck, Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 10:00 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

i’ve never used session drummer up until now. i think i got directions for using SD1 and not SD2. i don’t see SD2 in my soft synth window, maybe i need to check again.

you say “after it has been inserted”, am i missing something here ?

i hope i’m not making this too difficult…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 10:48 AM
NeuroRon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-17-2004

i’ve never used session drummer up until now. i think i got directions for using SD1 and not SD2. i don’t see SD2 in my soft synth window, maybe i need to check again.

you say “after it has been inserted”, am i missing something here ?

i hope i’m not making this too difficult… >>

“Insert soft synth” (Look again through that long list of SSs) - for now (assuming it’s there, otherwise you may need to reinstall - I think there’s quite a few threads on this in the CW Sonar forum) - for now check all options in the dialog box. You should then see some tracks inserted for SD in the Track View. Find the little SD “surface” somewhere on your desktop and expand it. Also, Craig Anderton’s Sonar 6 Pro Review in the Harmony Central Forum has quite a nice section on SD as does the Cakewalk synthesizers book (this is an EXCELLENT book). I’ve done quite a bit of drum kit building for SD when you get to that point - Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 11:25 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

i’m about to go home now and do some checking. i use to only check one midi and one audio in the dialog box. maybe thats where i got the error....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2007 @ 03:13 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

silly me !! i went into the plug-in manager and SD2 was configured as a synth but not enabled as a plugin. at first glance, the sounds seem to be kind of thin....

problem solved.

[ Ignore ]  

Next Topic:

Getting Started ››