mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mastering Hardware"

Posted on: March 04, 2007 @ 07:53 AM
cpeterson
Total Posts:  288
Joined  09-10-2006

Do you need to use any Mastering Hardware with the ES?  And if so what do you recommend?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 02:44 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Mastering Hardware

You’ll need to explain your question a little more.

The ES has the ability to resample itself, creating WAV files which can then be burned to CD using a suitable device.

The analogue outputs of the ES could be taken to a computer or a CD recorder for burning to disk.

If you have Mlan, you can port the finished ES stuff over to a PC for burning to disk.

Since the ES has per part EQ and some other useful effects, it may well be possible in each of the above scenarios to produce a sound from the ES which sounds ‘mastered’, ie needs no further tweaking.

But you’ll need to explain what it is you are trying to achieve before someone can offer some sensible options for you.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 05:56 AM
cpeterson
Joined  09-10-2006

Thanks Willie you answer my question, I wanted to master a few song I was going to buy a Ultramizer Pro Loudness Maximizer for Mastering...I was just wondering if the ES could do it… Again Thanks for you help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 06:48 AM
michaeljoe
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  11-09-2004

Honestly, from one Alabamian to another, mastering involves so much more than just optimizing levels.  You may already be aware of this, but truly mastering a song is quite a task that involves a lot of skill.  Sounds to me you’re just trying to get good optimized levels.  Sound engineers I know will often use reference CD’s to accomplish this task.  Most I know shoot for levels of around -2dB to -3dB.  Hope it works out for you......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2007 @ 07:12 AM
cpeterson
Joined  09-10-2006

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES DVD -Clearance Sale!!
Next Topic:

Help me spend some money! ››