mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Helps!!!!  Motif Rack ES Sound Like a Toy"

Posted on: February 28, 2007 @ 10:12 PM
stmidi
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-28-2007

Can someone help me?

I just bought my Yamaha Motif Rack ES, and the sounds are terrible when using the “Multi” mode to play back my midi files.  First of all, I’m using Master Track Pro 6 as my software sequencer.  I’m assuming that my midi set up is correct.  I connect my Motif-Rack Es using USB cable to the computer. 

I encountered two problems when playing back my midi file from Master Track Pro 6, using Motif-Rack ES as the sounds source.

1.  I can only hear one instrument when the “VOICE” mode from the Motif is selected (which sound very nice), but everything else is ignore (such as the bass, drum, guitar, etc....).
2.  When the “MULTI” mode from the Motif is selected, you can hear the whole song (midi file), but everything sounds like toy instruments.  In addition, it seem like some sounds were delay or off timing.

Thanks in advance.  I’m looking forward to hear some great advices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2007 @ 10:44 PM
nentwig
Joined  05-04-2003

Re: Helps!!!!  Motif Rack ES Sound Like a Toy

Hi,

Multi mode is correct… And you need to select a GM-compatible “multi”. I don’t have my rack in front of me, but I think it’s number 63 or so, at the end of the list shown when you press SHIFT-MULTI. Possibly you need to push once the right “bank” button.

Guess someone else can give more precise instructions, but maybe that is already enough /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Cheers

Markus

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2007 @ 11:52 AM
lomax
Joined  01-20-2007

Re: Helps!!!!  Motif Rack ES Sound Like a Toy

I think Markus is right.

Push the MULTI-button twice until the LED is red

The Rack should be ready to receive GM data.
All your banks have to show MSB = 0 and LSB = 0, exept for channel 10 (drums). This should be MSB = 127 and LSB = 0.

You can give your Rack a GM reset by adding a Sysex
F0 7E 7F 09 01 F7 at the start of your MIDI file

[ Ignore ]  

Next Topic:

Help w/ New Setup ››