mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "bundled sample CD?"

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 03:05 AM
ZOID
Total Posts:  531
Joined  04-09-2004

This has maybe allready been discussed about, but Im wondering if a sound sample CD is going to be bundled with the XS as it was with the ES, with the extra samples that didnt make it to the internal sample rom?

On the ES it was Powergrand, S90 S700 3 strike piano and others. It would be really appreciated if the cool brass samples of the T2 and maybe other extended articulation samples and voices could be put in such CD for the XS.

The brass samples is simply too good not to have in the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 04:50 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Re: bundled sample CD?

Agree on the brass samples. Yamaha_US hints here that such library will be released later. Hopefully it will contain proper samples instead of just applying LFO and PEGs to default XS waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 09:04 AM
ZOID
Joined  04-09-2004

Thanks Jote,

It would be nice if it were released with the XS. Because it is going to costs more than 5700$. And for that price it better be good.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 10:27 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Well, I don’t know whether there will be a bundled sample CD or not. Remember, the ES did not ship with any RAM pre-installed, and it’s likely the XS won’t have pre-installed RAM either. So, it stands to reason that including a sample CD with the box wouldn’t make any sense if there was no way for the customer to use it out of the box.

I’m not speaking for Yamaha, just using my own noodle on this one.

Statistically, market research has shown that MOST customers don’t install additional RAM in their machines. Don’t ask me why. I know that the DCP programmed libraries (which don’t require additional RAM) outsell the sample-based libraries about twenty to one.

Speaking of, you can rest assured that the entire DCP catalog of sample libraries will be available for the XS, and some new sample-based libraries designed exclusively for the XS are on the way as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 11:00 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

There is a Sound Library CD that came with the Motif ES which contains a lot of sample data. So there is indeed precedence for such a move, even if it ships with no DIMM’s.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 12:37 PM
ZOID
Joined  04-09-2004

Yes! Why would Yamaha include a Cd with the ES when it did not have any pre-installed RAM? Did Yamaha make an error that wont be repeated with the XS?
But I can understand that you rather want to make some money on a CD like that, than giving it away for free, bundled with the XS...... Its business.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2007 @ 01:26 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

I don’t care if it’s free or not, I just want that darn T2 brass and other stuff ;]

[ Ignore ]