mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assigning Drum Arpeggios’s (patterns)"

Posted on: April 02, 2003 @ 12:50 PM
slavska
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-02-2003

Hey Motifreaks— Piano player, bassist and studio musician...Kurzweil and Roland user. Just purchased the rack for a home studio project that commences tonight… i.e. I need some fast ramping up on this subject.

Down to it—you dial up a drum voice, hit the arpeggio button and then hold down a key...instant drum pattern… great so far.

How can I assign each arpeggiated drum voice to one specific key on a new user multi? AND, can I assign a bunch of them to one particular multi?

Objective—Press and hold G2, it’s one drum pattern...press another key and it seamlessly switches to another pattern, etc....basically I’d like a nice palette of drum patterns at my fingertips that I can switch back and forth to on the fly.

Keep in mind, I don’t have an external sequencer...I just want to record to my digital recorder (Roland VS-1680).

Out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2003 @ 03:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Assigning Drum Arpeggios’s (patterns)

You can’t you need a sequencer to do what you describe. An arpeggiator doesn’t do this, it can play a fixed pattern of notes, or it can follow the notes you input and create a pattern of notes from them. But it cannot trigger a different drum groove from each note.

[ Ignore ]