mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS demo video"

Page 4 of 5
Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 09:45 AM
J W CARTER
Total Posts:  3522
Joined  10-10-2006

Re: direct links

Where is the MM6 video demo?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Dyno,

The TYROS2 has midi ports. It can be part of the midi chain, when connected to the midi port of the ES8. There are even script files somewhere on the internet. BTW I still did not find them, but one told me there is one the net.

In reverse you also can let the TYROS2 control the ES8 keyboard. How about that idea?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 10:33 AM
dash
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-10-2006

Thanks Jan,

“The TYROS2 is not only a arranger/entertainer keyboard, it is a full operation WORK station as well. Only you do need all these complicated manuals to work with a T2. Thatswhy there is almost no activities going on on the TYROS forums. LOL. The T2 works as you expected.”

You mean this thing really works without a limitation at every corner. Sorry, I’m used to the EX5. So it’s not the quantity but the quality that matters? It seems that Yamaha didn’t comment on the size of the wave ROM in the T2. Is it massive as described about the XS? I’m sure not 355megs worth but how much I wonder? I still can’t get passed how good the demos sound. Is the piano great, good or average? What about the non-mega and non-super voices? Sorry for so many questions but no dealer in town has one for me to try or I’d probably own It by now. Does it have any just plain old synth. sounds or is it specifically wind and strings? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 11:00 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Hi Dash,

Indeed a lot of questions. One thing I can tell you. The sounds on the TYROS2 are equal or better than the sounds on my ES8, but on the TYROS2 you have a lot more, like:

Mega Voices, Sweet Voices, Live voices, LIve drums (a lot of drum kits) Cool Voices, Organ Flutes and SUPER ARTICULATION voices. a full color LCD display (VGA) 640 x 480 pixels. Vocal Harmonizers and mic input. You can make samples with the mic and use it right away with yr keyboard.

A full mixer and effects on board. Keyboard splitting. Powerful midi sequencer. Midi and Audio recording. Hard disc on board. USB interface with your PC. Unfortunately USB 1.0, not that fast. Typical Yamaha, not to build in state of the art interfaces. It has also a second USB port for additional portable memory like memory sticks etc.

So I can go on with the practical features of the T2. I do’nt.

Missing features IMHO, mLAN connection, ES8 quality keyboard.

In general it looks less robust than the MOTIFES keyboards, but mine T2 still lives and in good working shape, but you have to handle this baby with care.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 11:16 AM
J W CARTER
Joined  10-10-2006

dash, the Tyros 2 has 350mb of rom as well

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 11:24 AM
dash
Joined  08-10-2006

Thanks all. The T2 is looking better all the time if only the price would. Is the piano on par with the S90 and does it have dampening effects or is it basically the same as the ES?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 11:51 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Hi Jerry,

How do you know that. I even cannot find that in my TYROS2 technical manual. Completely silents aboyt the WAVE ROM size.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Exactly, Tyros 2 Wave ROM size was never officialy mentioned. I remember Michel Voncken saying in one of the T2 videos that it’s “over 300MB”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 12:00 PM
dash
Joined  08-10-2006

Makes you wonder. Why is so important to advertise that the XS has a massive wave rom but never mention that about the T2. Is that because the XS needs all the help it can get?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 12:16 PM
J W CARTER
Joined  10-10-2006

I forgot where I read it at.
The guy that does the demo said it had 350 mbs of ram.
Also use some logic in this matter.
Remember the Tyros, when it first came out, the ES was built somewhat around it,,,so likewise the XS unto the T2
Common sense, tells me that the T2 has 355 mb ram.

Either get the XS or leave it in the freakin store people,,geeesh, this is getting messed up./forums/images/icons/mad.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 12:27 PM
dash
Joined  08-10-2006

“Either get the XS or leave it in the freakin store people,,geeesh, this is getting messed up. “

I would love to leave the XS in the freakin store except that the store ain’t got the d*#* thing. If they did have it at least I could drool on all those sliders and nobs like a crazed sponge bob and patrick over the last crabby patty.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 01:44 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you dimitri for the links.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 02:33 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Common sense, tells me that the T2 has 355 mb ram.

Not necessarily, T2 and XS wave ROMs are different (XS has less Mega Voices for instance), so the actual size will also differ.

Why is wave ROM advertised for XS and not for T2? Again, different markets - it seems the “arranger” market doesn’t really care about it. Bad_Mister explained this elsewhere in terms of “Live!"/"Cool!"/"Sweet!" voice naming scheme in arrangers. I’m guess Yamaha wouldn’t even list the sizes of Classic/ES/XS wave ROMs, but since competition does it, they are forced to do so.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 02:43 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Basic Specs

For synthesizers , there are certain basic specs that don’t tell you whether something sounds better or not, but does tell you what the sound designers had to work with.

Wave ROM
Synthesis Engine
Polyphony
Number of Effects
RAM Expandability

We always publish these for synthesziers so people can compare us to the competition.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
J W CARTER
Joined  10-10-2006

I give up, no it’s not in the freakin store yet, and when it gets there, some of you will still complain.
I wish someone from Yamaha would chime in and say that the T2 and the XS have the same or almost amount of wave rom. whish is around 355mb.

Ok, what next to complain about,,,let’s all just wait until we can test it for ourselves.
Compairing the T2 and XS,,,dang like apples and oranges,,crazy I tell ya, crazy...lol

Where’s me rum? arrrggh

[ Ignore ]  

Page 4 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS OS loading time
Next Topic:

XS demo vs M3 demo... ››