mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS demo video"

Page 1 of 5
Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 12:44 PM
billrock
Total Posts:  1037
Joined  11-14-2004

Re: Motif XS demo video

Bert demo rocks....just amazing!!! This shows that XS is super high quality.....IMO blows the Korg M3 sounds away!

Way to go Yamaha and Bert!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 12:45 PM
danoan522
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-11-2006

MY GOSH...this this is amazing for real!...Bert is a real kix off!!!! damn!!...where did they get this guy from...i laughed my butt off while saying “i want two of those”...wow! im i-m-p-r-e-s-s-e-d. 

I’m suprised i could post! i am really and trully ‘speechless’. I mean...did you...o forget it- i give up. i just want this thing in april and case close....Thank you yamaha and especially Bert!!!!  as i said, I WILL show my dad this video!

IMHO....this thing is on some serious drugs!! lol- its high as hell- just like the one demo-ing it. lol- just kidding

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 12:58 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Bert - impressive
XS - sort of

I’m waiting for a proper video demo, where the XS is recorded via cable, not via mic…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:04 PM
billrock
Joined  11-14-2004

Lol dano,

I like the way Bert says ‘try the touchscreen but you will break it… so leave it to the competition lol.

Jote, based on seeing the M3 videos, I think XS is more than ‘sort of’ impressive. All the sounds that Bert played were excellent across the board, even the synth bass had so much depth that lacked in the ES.

I do agree with you though that I like to see high-quality audio like on the M3 videos - even if M3 sounds were weak, the audio recording was high-quality. I hope to see that from Yamaha! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:05 PM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

Bert - fantastic.
Motif XS - not much you couldn’t do on the ES

-Kim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:13 PM
danoan522
Joined  09-11-2006

Cumon, ive seen the ES demos from bert himself....theres a big difference ...not to mention that vocoder.  I would like to think there wasnt a big difference if i had an ES myself...all my friends who have ES’s hope there is no big difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:21 PM
matocaster
Joined  01-14-2004

I love my ES 7,but it’s time to upgrade. I like that it’s so integrated with Cubase. I use Cubase 4 and haven’t had any success with the ES and studio connections, so this is the next step. Unless the prices are comparable to the what the ES was new, I may have to settle for an XS 6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:29 PM
kevland1
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  11-06-2005

Bert only got five minutes. But he led me to the water.

Athan’s demo video is much better. I will now drink.

Hey Athan, they mispelled your name in the left panel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:36 PM
billrock
Joined  11-14-2004

I know that people who own the ES will ‘hope’ for XS to sound the same....so that they don’t have to sell it and get the XS.

But get along with the game folks...this is evolution! Just like with cars and computers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:36 PM
Jote
Joined  07-29-2002

I didn’t know there was a demo made by Athan, so let me just put that “sort of” on hold while I watch it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 01:41 PM
kevland1
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  11-06-2005

So, do we get a Phil C. demo tomorrow? Or do I have to wait for Sonic State to do that....

I’d like you to post one that is mostly playing - zero talking. Pick a great player out of the audience if necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 02:00 PM
Jote
Joined  07-29-2002

Still not satisfied. Come on, yammy guys, you did better demos in the past /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= Korg is a real winner in terms of marketing of their M3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 02:01 PM
Jote
Joined  07-29-2002

Bert only got five minutes

Well, not really, his demo lasts almost 11 minutes /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 02:23 PM
matocaster
Joined  01-14-2004

The Korg sounds to cheesy and plastic to me. I guess if you’re into that sound then it’s cool. It’s not rocket science. I can’t wait to play one in person. A better quality audio of the video would be cool, but I can tell from what I’ve seen and heard this blows korgs’ offering away. I’m sold on the XS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2007 @ 02:31 PM
hulk
Joined  07-27-2006

thanks for link
MOTIF XS very nice i think it voice nicer than Tyros2!!!
BTW what the name of song in the end of Bert Smorenburg show ? its so cool maybe its from 80S

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS OS loading time
Next Topic:

XS demo vs M3 demo... ››