mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is the Motif XS an Open system synth?"

Posted on: January 20, 2007 @ 02:10 AM
a.ferrara
Total Posts:  53
Joined  03-23-2005

Hi everybody, I’m Aldo from Italy, just a simple question, do you know if the new XS it will be an open system machine? I mean it will be possible to add or modify features of the machine by Op.Sys upgrades? add new soft-synth engine inside? What about the possibility to expand the machine considering that yamaha decide to don’t use PLG anymore?

I heard that XS should be based on linux, is it true?

However my first impression about XS is that is a very complete workstation, compared to the new Korg M3 has more ( EFX, sampling memory using standard memory and not korg-board, 1GB vs 304 MB, PC-integration and more) even if the decision of yamaha to use again Motif name create in people a strange sense of Dejavue!

Sorry for some mistake in my english and good bye to everybody

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2007 @ 08:06 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Is the Motif XS an Open system synth?

The Motif XS is not an open system synth. There may be operating system upgrades in the future after its initial release, but those o.s. upgrades won’t include the ability to add new sotfsynths or expand the RAM or anything like that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The NEW XS and Step Recording!
Next Topic:

Motif ES/XS ››