mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS storing capability and Sound Editability"

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 07:51 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I’m not a Synth Wizard but I just to ask two basic questions:

I have read that the XS doesn’t have expandable sinthesis if I’m correct, however I want to know if sounds are editable, you can tweak them etc etc ????

Also, how do you save sequences, samples etc, because I believe it doesnt use smart media ????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 08:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: XS storing capability and Sound Editability

The Motif XS does not have expansion slots for PLG boards. The synth engine in the XS is very programmable… in the coming weeks we will begin to post some of the behind the scenes functions that make the Motif XS so very programmable and uniquely customizable for you as a performing musician.

There are new parameters and new functions that allow greater response to your input - these come under the XA CONTROL (Xpanded Articulation functions), new controller options, and new effect processors that allow more realtime interaction.

Voices, sequences and samples can be saved to USB drive (stick, thumb drives, etc). You also have Ethernet connectivity that will allow you save and archive data directly on your computer (or any drives you have connected to your computer). The Ethernet connection allows you to build a network bridge between the XS and your computer(s) and shared drives for data transfer

Songs and Patterns (along with Voices and Performances) are all stored in non-volatile memory. So your sequence data remains after power down. Samples are in volatile memory and must be backed up to some form of USB device.

If you have data on SmartMedia card (Motif ES data for example) a simple USB Reader/Writer will be all you need to convert you data… or if you do not have on you can simply place the data on your computer and have the XS access it directly from your computer via Ethernet connection.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 08:39 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

Oh, so you mean that if I have songs from my ES6 saved on a Smart Media, or computer, via USB the XS can load them up ???

And also, what is non volatile memory ? is it like a hard drive ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 09:02 AM
dash
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-10-2006

I think that is flash memory built in. You can write to it and it stays put until you overwrite it. Although, I don’t know how much of this memory it has. At some point it will say “memory full, save to external device?” I guess.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 09:34 AM
dash
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-10-2006

Read this
[url=http://www.motifator.com/motifxs/motifxs-newbie.php#effects]http://www.motifator.com/motifxs/motifxs-newbie.php#effects [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2007 @ 10:17 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

Looks interesting.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS vs ES Effects
Next Topic:

Sample Formats Supported on Motif XS ››