mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Insert effects in Multi mode"

Posted on: March 24, 2003 @ 04:49 AM
MrP
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-19-2003

How exactly do I access the 1 (is it 1?) insert effect in Multi mode?

I know how to use the reverb and chorus effects across the 16 parts but can find little reference to the insert effects in the manual.

Is it me or is the Rack manual really poor?

Thanks for all and any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2003 @ 05:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Insert effects in Multi mode

>>> How exactly do I access the 1 (is it 1?) insert effect in Multi mode? <<<<

No, it is Four effects.

The Reverb and Chorus are what are called SYSTEM Effects - because all Parts in the system have access to them in a MULTI - System Effects have SENDS from each PART edited on the PART level. The INSERTION EFFECTS are ‘inserted’ on a particular Part - they are like part of the VOICE - they are selected per Voice, back in VOICE mode. For example, the B3 sounds often have a “3-band EQ” *and* a “Rotary Speaker” as their Dual Insertion Effects (each is a dual processor)

If you are in a MULTI press “EFFECT”. Bingo, you are there. You can now select any four PARTS to “recall” their DUAL INSERTION EFFECTS from VOICE mode. Store your MULTI to one of 128 USER MULTI locations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2003 @ 05:58 PM
Pete_C
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-04-2003

Okay, how do I alter the insert effects.  I have one of the auto-pan Rhodes patches, but I want to increase the speed of the pan effect to match my track BPM.  How can I do this?  Can it be done in Multi mode or do you have to apply the change in Voice mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2003 @ 03:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You Edit the VOICE’s Insertion Effects in VOICE - then save that edit to one of 256 User locations. However, depending on which Voice, it may already be assigned to a physical MIDI controller. For example, if you are talking about the ”Vintage ‘74” Rhodes sound, the AutoPan speed is already assigned to the Mod Wheel. If that is the Voice you are talking about you can just move the mod wheel and adjust the speed of the LFO controlling the Auto Pan effect. (place an appropriate value for continous control #001 [MW] in your sequence data).

If you want to explore the VOICE and view where/how this is assigned:
Call up Vintage ‘74
Press EDIT
Press EFFECT (the EFFECT button will toggle you between the routing screen and the in depth parameters of the Voice’s effects). You select which effects are active on the routing (CONNECT) screen and you edit the parameters of the effect on the alternate screen.
Use the PAGE < > buttons to move from Effect to Effect.

The AUTO PAN is EF 1 (INSERT EFFECT 1). You can see the LfoSp (LFO Speed) parameter n- cursor down to see all the parameters.
You can assign a controller to control this parameter in the CONTROL SETS:
-Hit EDIT to exit the EFFECTS area.
-Then hold SHIFT + COMMON to view the COMMON screens.
-Use the PAGE buttons to recall the CONTROL SETS screen. 
In CONTROl SET 1 you will see the MW is assigned to control EF1: LFO Speed. with a Depth of +10.
If you make any changes you want to keep, STORE them to a USER Voice location and then place the USER Voice in your MULTI.

Hope that helps navigate the operating system. The AUTO PAN speed is not syncable (this is on purpose) it emulates the old, er… vintage auto pan units that were quite free running - so you will have to make your best guess at the speed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ new chip in motif
Next Topic:

Motif Multi Function ››